Woo Hoo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 3

Woo Hoo

Post by SC1903A3 »

Just got a call from my DIL. Navy promotion list just came out. My son just got MMN1. He's currently under water so hopefully he will have pictures of his _______ by the Captain when he gets back.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Woo Hoo

Post by oljames3 »

:hurry:
Congrats to your son! My younger brother retired form the Navy (USMC). I've always appreciated y'all for hauling the jarheads around to make the beaches safe for us groundpounders.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Navy tried to steer me onto a nuclear sub back in the late 80's. I politely declined.

Props to all the submariners out there. I could never handle the claustrophobia.

Congrats to the OP! and please send my (our) thanks to him for his service. :patriot:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Congratulations to you and your son. First Class Petty Officer is a very respectable rank for sure. It's one step closer to CPO which is a milestone of anyone making a career in the Navy. I was in for 9 years, and still regret getting out 37 years ago. :patriot: :txflag:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

That is great news. How long has he been in? Does he plan on hanging around long enough for Chief?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

My son has been in for five years. His advancement may seem fast but being in the nuclear program you come out of out of boot camp as an E-3. Then you spend two years in school learning your specific job. When you graduate from Nuclear school you make E-4. And yes he has his sites set on going career. Concerning Chief, he is pondering going that route or possibly Limited Duty Officer.

Topic author
SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

My son has been in for five years. His advancement may seem fast but being in the nuclear program you come out of out of boot camp as an E-3. Then you spend two years in school learning your specific job. When you graduate from Nuclear school you make E-4. And yes he has his sites set on going career. Concerning Chief, he is pondering going that route or possibly Limited Duty Officer.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

SC1903A3 wrote:My son has been in for five years. His advancement may seem fast but being in the nuclear program you come out of out of boot camp as an E-3. Then you spend two years in school learning your specific job. When you graduate from Nuclear school you make E-4. And yes he has his sites set on going career. Concerning Chief, he is pondering going that route or possibly Limited Duty Officer.
:thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”