Look like some nice weather ahead

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SkipB
Posts in topic: 5

Look like some nice weather ahead

Post by SkipB »

I heard there was going to be a motor cycle rally in Waco next weekend in support of those arrested. The weather looks good for a while so I think we will load up the boat and the puppy and head out to Amsted for some fishing. Probably come back middle of the next week. :anamatedbanana
Skip Bishop

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Look like some nice weather ahead

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SkipB wrote:I heard there was going to be a motor cycle rally in Waco next weekend in support of those arrested. The weather looks good for a while so I think we will load up the boat and the puppy and head out to Amsted for some fishing. Probably come back middle of the next week. :anamatedbanana
You're not going to go to the rally? :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

:lol:: NO
Skip Bishop

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I sure hope we see some sunshine soon. One of my daughter's softball teams lost out on 4 games and a tournament this season. And another team lost 2 games due to the rain and their play-offs are in jeopardy now. If they don't get them in next week many of the teams may not have enough players to field a team and the remainder of that league may also get totally cancelled.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

SkipB wrote:I heard there was going to be a motor cycle rally in Waco next weekend in support of those arrested. The weather looks good for a while so I think we will load up the boat and the puppy and head out to Amsted for some fishing. Probably come back middle of the next week. :anamatedbanana

You are going to miss out on hanging out and fellowshipping with some good old all American professional Christian family men.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

mojo84 wrote:

You are going to miss out on hanging out and fellowshipping with some good old all American professional Christian family men.
Right right, I'll pass. Need this get-away. This rain has kept us off the water and a nice clear weather stretch is coming from Sunday on. I have a doctors appointment Tuesday morning and the puppy has a doctors (vet) that afternoon. If every thing holds steady we will head out Wednesday morning.
Skip Bishop

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

Good luck and enjoy! Most of the lakes up here in North Texas are flooded and going over the spillways. Gonna be ruined for a couple of months.
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I hear ya. A lot of the lakes north and east are over pool and will most likely have a lot of floaters. Amistad has been holding steady with a slow raise. Wife and I are both retired so we have plenty of time to fish those that are over pool after they settle down.
Skip Bishop

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Discovered that we now have an extra shower in our bathroom this morning.

There goes the vacation budget.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Sorry to hear that Jim. Those kind of fixes are usually costly.
Skip Bishop

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

jimlongley wrote:Discovered that we now have an extra shower in our bathroom this morning.

There goes the vacation budget.

Any chance it is something that would be covered under insurance?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Looks like Amistad got hammered by a thunderstorm front this morning.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”