Interesting Quote

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 2

Interesting Quote

Post by RetNavy »

This quote was at the beginning of a book I just started to read

"It is easier to believe a lie one has heard a thousand times than believe a fact one has never heard before"

author unknown....

first thing that i thought of was the "facts" that Bloomberg and his Nannies and all the other anti's put out... and how they down want to listen to what other's are saying
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Interesting Quote

Post by The Annoyed Man »

You're not getting off that easy! Title and author, or you're must making it all up! :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

The Annoyed Man wrote:You're not getting off that easy! Title and author, or you're must making it all up! :smilelol5:
I think that WildBill said that once or at least thought about it, but I can't prove it. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:You're not getting off that easy! Title and author, or you're must making it all up! :smilelol5:

Ok TAM , the book I got the quote out of is called "The Muscle and the Shovel" by Michael Shank

Also put the quote in Google and it came up as being done by Robert Byrd... Sorry Wild Bill
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

RetNavy wrote:

Ok TAM , the book I got the quote out of is called "The Muscle and the Shovel" by Michael Shank

Also put the quote in Google and it came up as being done by Robert Byrd... Sorry Wild Bill
:cryin
NRA Endowment Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

I thought it sounded like something Mark Twain might have said.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Then there's always the Joseph Goebbel's version. It is similar.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... lslie.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

C-dub wrote:I thought it sounded like something Mark Twain might have said.
My favorite Mark Twain quote: “Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”

:lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
C-dub wrote:I thought it sounded like something Mark Twain might have said.
My favorite Mark Twain quote: “Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.”

:lol:
:thumbs2: I also like that one.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

C-dub wrote:Then there's always the Joseph Goebbel's version. It is similar.
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/js ... lslie.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Uhhhh, isn't that's what is happening right now in Washington, D.C. IE: Fast 'N Furious, Bengahzi, etc, etc, etc?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “Off-Topic”