Uber bans firearms of all types

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Uber bans firearms of all types

Post by SA_Steve »

Relax, you are the product of millions of years of evolution. Germ resistance is what keeps us alive. It works !
You may have the last word.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

VMI77 wrote: What about linen? You bring your own? Sleeping on some dudes sheets would be a no go for me no matter what else was in the deal. I don't even like staying at motels....add bedbugs to used bed linen.....just gross.
Unless you're sleeping at home, you're always sleeping on some dudes sheets.
AirBnB - they have reviews... And many of those places I'd trust over a few "hotels" that I've been in. Ever rented a vacation home? Same thing, just longer term.

Regardless if it works for you or not, hopefully we should all agree that this is "America" and that the government shouldn't be telling us what we can or can't do with our own property.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 7

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:
VMI77 wrote: What about linen? You bring your own? Sleeping on some dudes sheets would be a no go for me no matter what else was in the deal. I don't even like staying at motels....add bedbugs to used bed linen.....just gross.
Unless you're sleeping at home, you're always sleeping on some dudes sheets.
AirBnB - they have reviews... And many of those places I'd trust over a few "hotels" that I've been in. Ever rented a vacation home? Same thing, just longer term.

Regardless if it works for you or not, hopefully we should all agree that this is "America" and that the government shouldn't be telling us what we can or can't do with our own property.
Yeah, which is why I don't like staying in hotels. It bothers me a lot more now that I'm older for some reason. I haven't had to stay in a hotel for years now. I think the last hotel I stayed in was the Menger in San Antonio about 10 years ago. Never rented a vacation home. And I've been in some pretty grody hotels....even had to walk away from a room we'd just rented once in a chain hotel because the room was disgustingly filthy. I'm not exaggerating when I say it looked like someone worked on a car in the room.

Unfortunately, this "America" is increasingly becoming a place where the government tells us what we can or can't do with our own property....though it's not as bad yet here in Texas as it is in some places.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77
Posts in topic: 7

Post by VMI77 »

SA_Steve wrote:Relax, you are the product of millions of years of evolution. Germ resistance is what keeps us alive. It works !
It's not the germs that bother me...I can't even see those.....it's all the other gross stuff I won't mention here.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by suthdj »

VMI77 wrote:
SA_Steve wrote:Relax, you are the product of millions of years of evolution. Germ resistance is what keeps us alive. It works !
It's not the germs that bother me...I can't even see those.....it's all the other gross stuff I won't mention here.
UV light so you can see all the nasties.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Anybody remember this:

(3) "Written communication" means:

(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

Also:

Pursuant to the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968, an American citizen (and certain legal alien, see later sections) may possess firearms and ammunition on his person, in his home, in his business, and in his vehicle during intrastate and interstate travel, except:

a. Inside or on federal property, § 930, exceptions exist.

b. Inside an airliner’s cabin, 49 U.S.C. § 46505.

c. Before delivering a firearm or ammunition to a common or contract carrier (e.g., bus, airline) for transportation in interstate or foreign commerce to a non-licensee the person must first notify the carrier in writing that the firearm or ammo is present, 922e.

d. In or within 1,000 feet of a school zone, 922 (q), exceptions exist.

Also in Texas we have the Motorist Protection Act. The car does belong to the independent contractor NOT Uber. Whether driver or passenger remember concealed is concealed. Don't make an announcement. Keep silent about your status.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

suthdj wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
UV light so you can see all the nasties.
Sometimes you do not need a UV light. I used to travel a lot.. 280 nights each year in hotels.

I will not go into details.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

on topic?
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”