ObamaCare

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

ObamaCare

Post by VoiceofReason »

Here are the 10,535 pages of ObamaCare condensed to 4 sentences..
As humorous as this sounds.....every last word of it is absolutely TRUE!

1. In order to insure the uninsured, we first have to uninsure the insured.
2. Next, we require the newly uninsured to be re-insured.
3. To re-insure the newly uninsured, they are required to pay extra charges to be re-insured.
4. The extra charges are required so that the original insured, who became uninsured, and then became re-insured, can pay enough extra so that the original uninsured can be insured, which will be free of charge to them.

I am retired and am paying to keep my group policy from work. Plus you are required to take Medicare which I am paying for.

I have Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield. My wife went to the pharmacy to get some Med’s the doctor prescribed.. Price was $130.00.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ObamaCare

Post by G26ster »

VoiceofReason wrote: I am retired and am paying to keep my group policy from work. Plus you are required to take Medicare which I am paying for.
Just out of curiosity, who is requiring you to take Medicare? Medicare Part A (hospitalization) is free, and Medicare Part B, for which you pay, is not mandatory, especially if you have insurance from work.

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

VoR...for those of us who are "gentlemen of leisure" now: be sure and ask your physician to specify generic brands and/or let him/her know you are retired and ask for less expensive alternative medicines.

We discovered signing up for a discount card at WalMart saves a LOT on our prescriptions. They rotate medicines on and off a list every six months or so. Those on the list are dramatically less expensive. 90 day supply runs $10-15.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

G26ster wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote: I am retired and am paying to keep my group policy from work. Plus you are required to take Medicare which I am paying for.
Just out of curiosity, who is requiring you to take Medicare? Medicare Part A (hospitalization) is free, and Medicare Part B, for which you pay, is not mandatory, especially if you have insurance from work.
I was unaware part B is not mandatory. But then a lot of things slip by me since I have been taking the morphine.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Topic author
VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

ShootDontTalk wrote:VoR...for those of us who are "gentlemen of leisure" now: be sure and ask your physician to specify generic brands and/or let him/her know you are retired and ask for less expensive alternative medicines.

We discovered signing up for a discount card at WalMart saves a LOT on our prescriptions. They rotate medicines on and off a list every six months or so. Those on the list are dramatically less expensive. 90 day supply runs $10-15.
I am going to have to contact Walgreens. It sounds like my insurance may not pay the 80% on the Lyrica they are supposed to as Neurontin is supposed to do what the Lyrica does.

I was told that Lyrica is easier on the body than Neurontin and works better. My doctor prescribed Lyrica by name.

rotor

Post by rotor »

G26ster wrote:
Your monthly premium for Part B may go up 10% for each full 12-month period that you could have had Part B, but didn't sign up for it. This is from the Medicare website. So, it is not mandatory but if you don't sign up for it when you "should have" they stick it to you.

Return to “Off-Topic”