You can discriminate against a Latina, IF she's a Republican

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

You can discriminate against a Latina, IF she's a Republican

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.freedominourtime.blogspot.co ... ny-of.html
In a collectivist society, “offenses” aren’t defined by behavior, but rather by identity. This is compellingly illustrated by cases of Antonio Darden and Elaine Huguenin, New Mexico residents and business owners who, acting in the service of their principles, exercised their property rights by refusing service to potential customers.

Darden operates a hair salon in Santa Fe, where Republican Governor Susana Martinez has been a regular customer. Darden announced in 2013 that Martinez was no longer welcome in his shop because she didn’t support legal recognition of same-sex marriage. Nor would he share his secret hair coloring formula with the Governor, something he was willing to do for other clients.
“Normally I sell the formula to people if they want to go to a different salon that is cheaper,” Darden explained. “I normally give the formula to clients if they’re moving out of state because I care about my clients. But I would not give that formula to her.”

Not content to withhold his services from Martinez, Darden – a gay rights activist -- sought to discourage his competitors from taking her money, as well: “I have talked with some of the other hairstylists who’ve emailed me…. They’re major salons here in Santa Fe and they told me they’re following suit with me and she is not welcome in their salons either.”

Darden earned plaudits, rather than rebukes, for discriminating against Martinez – that is to say, exercising his plenary right as a business owner to refuse service to a would-be customer for any reason he considered suitable, including her views on contemporary political issues.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You can discriminate against a Latina, IF she's a Republ

Post by DevilDawg »

You must have forgotten.....
Attachments
image.jpg

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

DevilDawg wrote:You must have forgotten.....
Didn't forget, just pointing it out. I am going to enjoy all the crackups in the progressive camp as the privileges of identity clash. And btw, I expect the number of those identifying as "gay" to increase dramatically. Not the number of homosexuals, but the number of people claiming to be homosexuals. "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Most especially if she's a woman. :mad5
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

He's not discriminating against Latinas or women. He is against anyone that doesn't agree with his views on gay marriage.

The real problem here that if it was the other way around, and a shop refused service to a gay person, then all hell would break lose. I'm getting sick of this game.

Return to “Off-Topic”