Trump questions McCains bravery

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 11

Trump questions McCains bravery

Post by philip964 »

http://m.click2houston.com/politics/tru ... o/34234960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trump questions McCains bravery

Post by Richbirdhunter »

IMO, John McCain is a war hero and has served our country well and I applaud him. I also think he is a rhino and if the good people of Az are happy with the job he is doing good for them.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Richbirdhunter wrote:IMO, John McCain is a war hero and has served our country well and I applaud him. I also think he is a rhino and if the good people of Az are happy with the job he is doing good for them.
I had a problem with him when he voted yes for universal background checks along with some other moderate republicans.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Right2Carry »

John McCain may be a war hero but he has certainly failed his fellow veterans by not fighting for better benefits and care.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

maintenanceguy

Post by maintenanceguy »

McCain is a war hero and has my respect as a soldier.

As a public servant and Senator, he's a disaster.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_USS_Forrestal_fire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Senator John McCain served his country with bravery and honor.

That cannot be taken away by his actions very late in his life, despite how much someone might disagree with them.

What many people do not know about McCain was that he very nearly died during the fire and explosions aboard the USS Forestal, He is in one of the planes as the explosions begin and made it out by the skin of his teeth.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I think his A4 was the one hit by the Zuni if I remember correctly.

Edit: Don't always agree with his politics. But he, and the other POWs, served with honor.

I'll edit out my thoughts on Trump.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dale blanker »

maintenanceguy wrote:McCain is a war hero and has my respect as a soldier.

Yes he may be a disaster but Trump is a joke. And McCain's still way above average compared to other senators including McConnell or Cruz don't you think? Note that Cruz wouldn't comment on Trump's comments on McCain because they are both Cruz's friends. I cannot imagine McCain regarding Cruz as a friend.

Too bad his staff messed up his '08 campaign with Palin or we all might be a lot better off now with McCain as POTUS.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

jmra

Post by jmra »

dale blanker wrote:

Yes he may be a disaster but Trump is a joke. And McCain's still way above average compared to other senators including McConnell or Cruz don't you think? Note that Cruz wouldn't comment on Trump's comments on McCain because they are both Cruz's friends. I cannot imagine McCain regarding Cruz as a friend.

Too bad his staff messed up his '08 campaign with Palin or we all might be a lot better off now with McCain as POTUS.
McCain didn't need any help messing up his campaign.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

jmra wrote:
dale blanker wrote:

If Romney had got as many votes as McCain, he would be President. I still think Romney would have made an excellent president.

And to all of you out there that voted for McCain and did not vote for Romney, I hope your happy with your choice.

jmra

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:
jmra wrote:
dale blanker wrote:

If Romney had got as many votes as McCain, he would be President. I still think Romney would have made an excellent president.

And to all of you out there that voted for McCain and did not vote for Romney, I hope your happy with your choice.
IMHO, If it had been an honest election Romney would be President.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

All of this couldn't be scripted better by the Democrats/Liberals/etc. if they tried. This clown show is helping Hillary win. The GOP is on large a pack of self-serving idiots who can't put Country before self. Sadly we will yet once again get the "leadership" we deserve and watch our rights further be stripped away.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

DevilDawg wrote:All of this couldn't be scripted better by the Democrats/Liberals/etc. if they tried. This clown show is helping Hillary win. The GOP is on large a pack of self-serving idiots who can't put Country before self. Sadly we will yet once again get the "leadership" we deserve and watch our rights further be stripped away.
I try to avoid politics, especially this early in the race, but you're absolutely correct. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Hillary is gonna be the next POTUS, so everyone else is just grandstanding at this point.

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

I watched the movie Unbroken today. I wonder if Trump would make the same comments about Zamperini.

Why would somebody that never served a day in his life even be talking on the subject?

I couldn't bring myself to vote for a ddemocrat, but if this guy is our nominee, I'll be looking for someone else to vote for...

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I'm just afraid he goes 3rd party and gives Hillary just the break she needs.

Return to “Off-Topic”