Movie theater scenario, any tips?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Movie theater scenario, any tips?

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I just fall asleep when i used to go to the theater. Four bombs could go off and i'd never know it. Unless it was a nudie films.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

parabelum wrote:We just limit our outings to movies and public venues etc. to ... zero. How many actually carry spare mags, in case of multiple assailants or where you'd find yourself in a full blown gun fight? I know I do and I presume most in this forum do, but your average chl'er likely has only one mag.
Then there are these jihadi animals. They walk in, activate the detonator and off they go along with everyone in close proximity. You could have had a bazooka and you'd stil get nowhere. Why? Because that animal is already several steps ahead of you before you even notice him or her.

Nah. Large gatherings, movies etc. do not interest me at all.

I'll just park my rear end at home, kick my feet up, bust out some popcorn and enjoy!

Bingo, plus I can pause it, if nature calls, and there is no formal dress code. However Mrs. Jusme, does prefer my boxers not have visible holes. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Jusme wrote:
parabelum wrote:We just limit our outings to movies and public venues etc. to ... zero. How many actually carry spare mags, in case of multiple assailants or where you'd find yourself in a full blown gun fight? I know I do and I presume most in this forum do, but your average chl'er likely has only one mag.
Then there are these jihadi animals. They walk in, activate the detonator and off they go along with everyone in close proximity. You could have had a bazooka and you'd stil get nowhere. Why? Because that animal is already several steps ahead of you before you even notice him or her.

I'll just park my rear end at home, kick my feet up, bust out some popcorn and enjoy!

Bingo, plus I can pause it, if nature calls, and there is no formal dress code. However Mrs. Jusme, does prefer my boxers not have visible holes. :biggrinjester:
Ewwwwwwwww! :ack: :smilelol5: "rlol" :lol::
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Jusme wrote:

So, no open carry for Jusme ? :smash:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

parabelum wrote:
Jusme wrote:

So, no open carry for Jusme ? :smash:
I can still wear my belt. Just won't have belt loops. :smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

Redbox has all the movie experiences I ever want to see. Some people in theaters have no respect for others around them, and I finally got tired of seeing all the cell phone screens lit up during the movies. I don't text or watch uTube when a good movie is on.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

if i have to see a blockbuster movie like the wonder woman coming up. i usually go a week after opening night. preferably tuesday or wed matinee show. last one i saw was 13 hours , there was 6 of us in the theater.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

aaangel wrote:if i have to see a blockbuster movie like the wonder woman coming up. i usually go a week after opening night. preferably tuesday or wed matinee show. last one i saw was 13 hours , there was 6 of us in the theater.
I can see it now, some miscreant walks into the theater fires one shot and six people draw and turn him into a bullet trap, Detective says so what happened here, patrol officer replies he picked the wrong theater!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

crazy2medic wrote:
aaangel wrote:if i have to see a blockbuster movie like the wonder woman coming up. i usually go a week after opening night. preferably tuesday or wed matinee show. last one i saw was 13 hours , there was 6 of us in the theater.
I can see it now, some miscreant walks into the theater fires one shot and six people draw and turn him into a bullet trap, Detective says so what happened here, patrol officer replies he picked the wrong theater!
lol i think it more like, miscreant walks in sees 6 people, walks right out saying to himself, i knew i should have gone last friday night. what da hell am i going to do with 6 people?? that's not even going to make the local news. hahaha!
'got to Texas ASAIC.

KLB

Post by KLB »

atxscubasteve wrote:Or just invest in an 83 inch 4k TV with 7.2 surround sound and stadium seating. For me $10000 is worth it when it comes to protecting my life yet still getting the theatre experience.
I settle for a less dramatic movie experience and watch them on my 26-inch set, which is as big as will fit in the cabinet in our old entertainment center. I haven't been to a theater in years.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

The nice 4K resolution TV's are a lot cheaper now than in 2015.

apostate

Post by apostate »

I go to a movie theater that allows CC so it's not a big concern. No more than a restaurant on the weekend or the downtown tunnels during business hours.

Sporting events are another story. The good guys are prohibited from carrying, so I stay far away from the killing fields.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

apostate wrote:I go to a movie theater that allows CC so it's not a big concern.
Same here, the wife knows I won't go to theaters that post 30.06 and .07.
Don't go to a lot of movies anymore for all the rudeness reasons stated by others, although the wife and I have been twice in the last 10 days.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

apostate

Post by apostate »

Alamo Drafthouse audiences are well behaved and that's the only movie theater I've been to in 2+ years.

Just don't go to an "Alamo for All" show by accident. :mrgreen:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Abraham wrote:Thank goodness for netflix and large, flat screen tv's and a great sound system.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... rice-a-job

Netflix is a widely known extremely progressively liberal company.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”