Houston Police Chief concerned about Open Carry...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

K5GU
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston Police Chief concerned about Open Carry...

Post by K5GU »

I still think people who fear people carrying guns should be more concerned about people carrying hidden guns rather than law abiding people carrying openly, and in a holster. It is the "unknown" conditions I worry about. But I guess that's just me..
Life is good.

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Houston Police Chief concerned about Open Carry...

Post by winters »

Glockster wrote:"“If someone was headed towards the steps of a bank open carrying and someone was alarmed and called the police do my officers have probable cause to say hey stop let me see your I.D. what are you doing all of those things,” said McClelland."

So if I'm understanding his example "concern" -- they get a MWAG call about someone alarmed that said MWAG is headed towards the steps of the bank...and somehow they time travel and/or teleport to that bank location before said MWAG has already entered the bank and likely already completed their business and exited the bank? Understanding that, I now feel safe enough to turn in my CHL and sell my weapons. I always thought that the law enforcement folks couldn't be everywhere, and certainly would take more than those seconds to arrive anywhere but apparently I was wrong. When seconds matter the HPD will of course be there to protect each and every one of us. I will sleep better tonight!
I find it entertaining how people talk in a tense as though they are physic and knew if something happened another way it would have turned out differently.

"If the bad guy wasn't able to carry a large magazine someone could have intervened while they reloaded." Right they really could predict that. Since its been proven many times even an inexperienced shooter can reload fairly quickly. And most people doing mass shoots are not inexperienced with firearms or have practiced with the one they brought with them.

Return to “Off-Topic”