Best Truck?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which truck should I get as a daily driver?

Ford F-150
32%
Ram 1500
12%
Chevy Silverado
20%
Nissan Titan
2%
Toyota Tundra
24%
Other (specify in comments)
10%

Total votes: 50

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Best Truck?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paragrouper wrote:Bought my first Nissan in '84. I'll stay with the brand
And Nissan is a good brand. I traded in a 2002 Pathfinder SE 4x4 in March for the Toyota 4Runner I bought. The problem is that the Pathfinder has become a glorified station wagon, and I wanted a "truckish" body on frame 4x4. Nissan doesn't offer one anymore.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TXhntr88
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXhntr88 »

Gotta go with the Tundra. You can't beat the reliability, drives fantastic, has the best backseat (slides and reclines), and the engine is a beast. I'll take quality and reliability over a few MPG's any day.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Why I picked the Tundra? I liked the look. Very well made. Made in Texas. Great local dealer and service. Mine is a 2008 and haven't had any problems so it looks like I made the right choice. My second choice would be a F-150.

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

Does Nissan offer anything without a CV transmission ?
Never will be my choice.
You may have the last word.

PaJ

Post by PaJ »

If I were replacing my truck today with a 1/2 ton, I'd look hard at the Tundra but a GMC would be my first choice. I've liked the Tundra for a long time. When I bought my truck, I needed a 3/4 ton and bought a GMC 2500HD with a Duramax Diesel. Mine is a 2011, but the current model has some very nice upgrades. I get compliments all the time. In my opinion, the new interior of the GMC blows every other truck away. Also, they put the same Duramax engine in the 3/4 ton that they do in the 1 ton, so I have lots and lots of power (and way more torque than the competition). Personally, I love having a diesel engine (which the Tundra doesn't offer). It gets better mileage, and has power when I need it.

My BIL has a Ford F150 and likes it. I do not buy Fords (had so many issues in the past that a Ford rep suggested I buy someone else's product, so I"m glad to oblige), but will say his has some nice features. Ford's diesel engines have not had a good reputation overall though, which may not be a consideration for you.

Return to “Off-Topic”