Ever Had A Gun Belt Lengthened?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Ever Had A Gun Belt Lengthened?

Post by Abraham »

Yeah, I know, they're shortened all the time, but lengthened?

On, "A Better Belt" site, under resizing, they show how it can be done. In fact, two ways it can be done. However, with either approach, per the site photos, the end result isn't as esthetically pleasing as I'd like...

Anyone here ever have it done? Obviously, I have reservations about it...

I've got two A&G custom gun belts, 1 "1/2 , saddle tan, round all brass buckles, that are very close to being too small as both my wife and myself are, ahem, growing in (whispers) girth. They are in perfect condition.

One belt is a 34" and the other a 36" - The 36" being mine and I'm on the last hole, which is now fairly snug... Yeah, yeah, I exercise like a demon, but I'm getting long in the tooth and eat rather like a guy training for the Olympics.

I called Al, at A&G and he's never heard of belt lengthening, but looked at the site previously mentioned, and concluded he wouldn't be doing it. And, btw, Al is a great guy and very helpful, but didn't care to get into the lengthening business. I don't blame him whatsoever.

All of that being said, ever had it done and did you like the result?

P.S. No, I've not called "A Better Belt" as they state on their site, they'll lengthen a belt 'they've' made...

Oh yeah, this situation will probably result in me buying a new elephant hide gun belt in a more, shall we say, generous size...

Which, I can now justify, maybe...

"If I go that route", I may be asking who could use the sizes I have? Sure, I can drive a nail into the balance of my belt and make it a "mow the yard" belt, but these belts are just too fine in quality and looks to disrespect them like that. Heck, they still look like new.

Plus, I'm not trying to sell them, too much bother.

I'll give em away if you come get them as I'm too lazy to pack em up and ship.

Of course, only to Texas CHL Forum folk.

Taypo
Banned

Re: Ever Had A Gun Belt Lengthened?

Post by Taypo »

If they weren't tan, I'd take you up on that. I'm in the lucky position to be going the opposite direction with belt sizes and my 40" is too dang big.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Give yours to your wife an buy a new one for yourself, win win....... for you.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

allisji

Post by allisji »

I'm in need of a ~35" leather gun belt. Are you any where near Houston/Clear Lake?
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Off-Topic”