The effect of attitude

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Re: The effect of attitude

Post by JP171 »

actually there is no motorcycle endorsement and hasn't been for years, bout 20 or so if I remember right

carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

JP171 wrote:actually there is no motorcycle endorsement and hasn't been for years, bout 20 or so if I remember right

Uhhhh I have a "M" motorcycle endorcement on my license. I just received my new license in the mail because they revoked my CDL because of my health. My class CM came in the mail unknown to me with a letter explaining why I lost my CDL.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

nope its not an endorsement on a texas license, promise ya

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Well I have a Texas license and it is on mine. Maybe I am just so old they thought I needed it.

Edit: https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense ... icense.htm
Maybe someone should let DPS know they should have placed the "M" on my Class C license.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

its a class C/M its no longer in the endorsement section, it was moved because a motorcycle license is a stand alone license and does NOT need any other class of license, but you must have the class M to operate a motorcycle. I have had the M on the back of my license until the change when I got back in 89 from the army so in 1974 it was an endorsement in 89 it was on the front I think. so it may have been 88 that the change occurred. Also no unless you had a class M license before 2006 I think you must have had a motorcycle safety course to get a class M license. see you even proved my point by your own work, it clearly states CLASS not endorsment

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I never had any motorcycle safety course. I got my motorcycle license in 1977 and have had it ever since.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

yea but I didn't have to have it either, but I have in fact taken several cause you do learn good stuff, and its fun. BTW I still have a CDL LOL and hate the DOT exam

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

I think someone is splitting hairs here. What's the big difference in an endorsement or class?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

because an endorsement is an add on to a license, a class is a type of license and yes it makes a difference, I have a class A license so I can drive trucks, cars, busses, carry explosives, people double trailers so on and so forth(the last few like people and explosives are add on's), but without the class M I couldn't drive a MC, in the mid to late 70's you couldn't get a motorcycle "endorsement" unless you had at least a class C license, moped licenses did exist back then but motorcycle was an add on not its own license.

Topic author
treadlightly
Posts in topic: 5

Post by treadlightly »

JP171 wrote:yea but I didn't have to have it either, but I have in fact taken several cause you do learn good stuff, and its fun. BTW I still have a CDL LOL and hate the DOT exam
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation courses have no doubt saved lives. If you don't know the term "counter steering" and why it works, take the course!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

JP171 wrote:yea but I didn't have to have it either, but I have in fact taken several cause you do learn good stuff, and its fun. BTW I still have a CDL LOL and hate the DOT exam
I didn't use my CDL anymore, but I sure took it hard when they just suspended it without any warning. I am not even for sure how they knew I was unable to use it. I guess I missed a warning somewhere or other, but I couldn't pass a DOT exam anymore. :rules: I used mine to drive buses. Mostly for the church and everyone once and awhile a charter.
mojo84 wrote:I think someone is splitting hairs here. What's the big difference in an endorsement or class?
The definition is probably what I am missing because I do not know the difference. I have always called it an endorsement. I also used to write citation of drivers of motorcycles who did not have the endorsement (mostly accident scenes) back in the late 80's.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

the guard prefers us to have the proper license with appropriate endorsements when we drive busses and carry ammo so I still use mine. I think the thing about the difference is that now you don't need a class A,B or C to get the class M, before you had to have at least a class C to get the M

Glockster
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glockster »

Yes, think it is splitting hairs. Yes, it is officially a Class M license, but clearly there are lots of us here who remember when it was an endorsement (in one state or another). Personally I'm proud to have been riding that long!
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

The driver of the car has been indicted on two counts of aggravated assault http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Driver ... 52881.html
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Follow-up on this. The driver of the car is going to do time - 15 years in the pen!

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state ... 62014.html
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Off-Topic”