You guys are missing out.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

You guys are missing out.

Post by LDB415 »

You guys in the far reaches of Houston, all around DFW and everywhere else around the state with at least 2 members nearby are really missing out by not having a monthly breakfast with your fellow forum members. It's a great time talking about anything and everything with a great group of folks. Someone should take charge for your area and get it started. You'll be glad you did.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You guys are missing out.

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Yall do this on a weekend or in the AM during the week?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LDB415 wrote:You guys in the far reaches of Houston, all around DFW and everywhere else around the state with at least 2 members nearby are really missing out by not having a monthly breakfast with your fellow forum members. It's a great time talking about anything and everything with a great group of folks. Someone should take charge for your area and get it started. You'll be glad you did.
We do something like this up in DFW about 3 time a year or so, but instead of breakfast, we get together for some rounds of skeet and then lunch at a nearby mexican restaurant.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
LDB415 wrote:You guys in the far reaches of Houston, all around DFW and everywhere else around the state with at least 2 members nearby are really missing out by not having a monthly breakfast with your fellow forum members. It's a great time talking about anything and everything with a great group of folks. Someone should take charge for your area and get it started. You'll be glad you did.
We do something like this up in DFW about 3 time a year or so, but instead of breakfast, we get together for some rounds of skeet and then lunch at a nearby mexican restaurant.
As LDB415 stated we have a great group that meets for breakfast once a month. I don't know if it will morph into a shoot or not. I have shot with WildBill, one of the regulars. I have made three or four of the DFW skeet shoots and lunches and enjoyed it as well, but I always miss the ones you've attend TAM. Any notion when there'll be another one? I may be up that way around the 5th of December. I was up in September, but Andy C was tied up.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

So far we have breakfast the first Friday of the month. Any group could do anything they wanted to of course. There are so many who are too far away to join us though and could figure out their own meeting and activity. I just thought I'd mention it in case someone wanted to instigate their own group.

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

That's one reason that I wish that we had some sort of local threads here. Texas is big, and it is sometimes difficult here to notice something that might be applicable locally, and this very large pool of users makes it harder to have a sense of local community feel. I would love to see geographic sections to feature local discussions and to list local get togethers or events.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

You may just have to become the instigator. That's what I did with the thread Houston south quadrant breakfast. You could do the same for your area of Houston.

Return to “Off-Topic”