My new knife

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
HKsig
Posts in topic: 8

My new knife

Post by HKsig »

I wanted to try one of the assisted open knife so I go researching and amazed at the prices for the good models. Hmm... I'll have to save up and have a look at Benchmade and ZT then.

For now I bought a SOG Flash II so I'll have something to play with. Pretty good knife but I didn't like the clip so that's off. Also the handle are pretty thin that it wasn't easy to hold and flick the blade at the same time. Nevertheless it snaps open and lock with authority. Pretty darn sharp out of the box too. I retorqued the bolt so there's no play in the blade.

Not a bad knife but I can't wait to get a good one now that I know what I'm looking for. :waiting:

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My new knife

Post by Scott B. »

I've been tempted by a few SOG knives. What didn't you like about the clip?
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Topic author
HKsig

Post by HKsig »

It's pretty stiff and on the butt end.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

I have a SOG and absolutely love it.

The clip is very stiff, but as much as I have snagged it on things, it has held up and not broke or loosen up.

keeps a very nice edge as well
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

bubba84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bubba84 »

Wanted a ZT for a long time, used losing my old faithful kershaw blur as an excuse to splurge on one. I picked up at 0350 from academy, really like it.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

bubba84 wrote:Wanted a ZT for a long time, used losing my old faithful kershaw blur as an excuse to splurge on one. I picked up at 0350 from academy, really like it.
Academy has/had a ZT 0350? How much did they want for it?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Never mind, I went and checked their website and they sure do have a couple. The tiger striped one that I like is only $155.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bubba84

Post by bubba84 »

I think I paid 139 for the black on black model.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Being an obvious HK fan I might suggest http://www.benchmade.com/hk.html - I've considered one those before.

Ultimately I decided against another pocket/folding knife and went for a full tang knife - the ESEE 3 Mil:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

txcharvel

Post by txcharvel »

Nice looking blade! Been wanting to try a SOG but haven't found the right one yet. Was considering a Trident.

I love ZTs and Kershaws. I have a ZT 0350 and a 0770. Hopefully my next one will be a 0566.

The higher end USA Kershaws are really nice as well. Every bit as nice as the mid-sized ZTs. Check out the Knockout, Piston, or even the Blur.

Topic author
HKsig

Post by HKsig »

I'm looking at the OTF knives now. The SOG I have was hard to open sometimes, like if it was sticking. It's got a "click" in it so it might be a rough spot, it feels like it.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Pariah3j,

The ESEE knife is a beauty, but I've a couple of questions: Is the blade double bladed to some extent?

And, is that some sort of fabric type material on the handle?

If so, and you were dressing a deer or hog or whatever, if blood and/or gunk from cleaning the animal got on it, would it be difficult to clean off?

Thanks!

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I don't believe out of the box it has any type of double/sharpness to the spine of the blade or at least mine did not come that way(there could be a different model that does)

Its not fabric per say - its Micarta scales - which are some sort of pressed linen and something else I believe. And no it shouldn't be too difficult to clean off.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
HKsig

Post by HKsig »

Looks like I got lucky and got the last one. :anamatedbanana

http://www.swordsswords.com/product-p/14808hk.htm

chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

I'm a big fan of the CRKT knives.

I have an Ignitor spring assist that I think is probably every bit as fast to open as any automatic knife.

Anyone else a fan of the CRKT line of knives?

I find them to be a great value for the $$.
Chuckybrown

Return to “Off-Topic”