Self-Certification of Compliance

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Self-Certification of Compliance

Post by BigGuy »

I was at the pharmacy today and noticed this certificate.

It’s a Self-Certification of Compliance and was hereby awarded to XXXXXX.

IANAL, so maybe that why I don’t understand the verbiage. They awarded themselves a certificate of compliance? Man! If that’s kosher, I’m about to have a boat load of awards.

LabRat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Self-Certification of Compliance

Post by LabRat »

This is in reference to the Combat Methamphetamine Act of 2005 ("Combat" as in a fight against said substance not "combat" as battlefield conditions...or maybe that's right too....

The Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 (Title VII of the USA PATRIOT
Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005, P.L. 109-177) was signed into law March 9,
2006. All changes go into effect on March 9, 2006, (date the legislation was signed) unless a
later effective date is specifically stated. This document discusses those changes made by the
Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act which primarily affect persons selling products
containing the List I chemicals ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine.

Self-Certification and Training
m. Self-certification and training.
(1) Seller must self-certify to the Attorney General that each individual who is
responsible for delivering such products into the custody of purchasers, or who
deals directly with purchasers by obtaining payment for the products, has
undergone training provided by the seller to ensure that the individual understands
the requirements that apply to the sale of these products.

Its an in-house training program by pharmacies that sell methamphetamine precursor substances to the public.
As you know they are restricted to "behind-the-counter" and you have to provide your identification to purchase.

Its a legal requirement so you can sell these substances. But if you want to self-certify as a 5.56 magazine loader expert....go for it.

Hope this helps.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Return to “Off-Topic”