Easier to change CHL than Dl

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Easier to change CHL than Dl

Post by RetNavy »

Recently moved into a new house, different town, which meant had to change my address on the CHL.... took about 5-10 minutes on the DPS website, received the new LTC about a week and half later....

went to DPS DL website to change address, found out that could not do online since the last renewal was done online/mail without going to the local office..... went to local office today to change and they were closed do to moving to a new building...... so no new DL yet... wonder what a LEO would say if i get pulled over with two different address....

btw..... didn't realize it but the local schools have a computer system tied into the driver licence database that they use to print out visitor badges... but when i went to eat with my daughter one day i used my CHL to get registered with it no problems...

got to love state bureaucracy
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

txglock21

Re: Easier to change CHL than Dl

Post by txglock21 »

It's even worse if you have a CDL (commercial driver's license). You MUST go to a DPS office to renew, change address or anything. Then the wait is about two weeks longer than the CHL. :grumble
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

jocat54

Re: Easier to change CHL than Dl

Post by jocat54 »

I had good luck with both CHL and DL about 5 months ago, did both online and the CHL took less than a week and the DL just over a week.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Return to “Off-Topic”