Reports of mass cell phone buys grows in Missouri

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Reports of mass cell phone buys grows in Missouri

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/number-of ... 8_36900370

WATCH: Number of reports of mass cell phone buys grows in Missouri
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -

The FBI is aware of reports of men visiting Walmart stores in several cities in Missouri and purchasing or trying to purchase large quantities of cellular telephones. An FBI spokeswoman won't say exactly how much its agents are delving into the purchases. Some of the cities where the purchases and attempted purchases are reported by police and media are Macon, Columbia, Jefferson City, Lebanon, Ava, Jackson and Cape Girardeau.
More from KY3

Ava police say a man of Middle Eastern background bought a large number of cellular telephones at the Walmart store in Ava about 6:15 a.m. last Saturday. Police questioned the man, who was from Michigan, and he told them that he is a businessman. Police found no reason to detain him.

That purchase was about three hours after two men bought 60 cell phones at the Walmart store in Lebanon. Officers there questioned the men, at least one of whom said he is from Michigan, according to Ava police. Laclede County Sheriff Wayne Merritt said officers also found no reason to detain the cell phone buyers in Lebanon.
Also reports out there of large quantities of propane tanks being purchased and stolen.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reports of mass cell phone buys grows in Missouri

Post by mojo84 »

The end of the story indicated a lot of people buy them in quantity and resell them online.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:The end of the story indicated a lot of people buy them in quantity and resell them online.
Yes, could be nothing but paranoia....or....
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Tis the season for weird mass buys for Christmas... Saw this often working at Worst Buy - most of the time it was harmless, occasionally it was stolen identity/credit card type situations. Never thought about it being terrorism related.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

mojo84 wrote:The end of the story indicated a lot of people buy them in quantity and resell them online.

I've been seeing this for about 3 days now. the person who saw the first report started doing research says there are now over 5 Walmarts involved and over a thousand cell phones, the "customers" are hitting the stores in the middle of the night so the employees are tired and not paying attention and they don't follow policy of 3 at a time.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Has been going on since 2006!:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-owning-1 ... terrorism/
I remember that story.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

"No Phone List" coming soon....
III

Return to “Off-Topic”