Signs, signs everywhere signs

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

randy634
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Signs, signs everywhere signs

Post by randy634 »

Well in time case law will tell us if the sign, even not legal, gives notice. I however would rather not be the test subject. Like so many laws, the black ink in on the paper gives one meaning, however the court room will be the final interpretation.

Just my opinion.
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 3

Post by twomillenium »

ScottDLS wrote:Signs...signs....everywhere the signs...blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind...Do this, don't do that...Can't you read the signs?!!

(Or my personal favorite)... And the sign said, Long haired freaky people need not apply..." So I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him, why? He said, "You look like a fine upstanding man, I think you'll do..." So I pulled out my hair from under my hat, and said..."Hmmph...Imagine that!, Me workin' for you!"

(Scott's Electrical Band Version)... And the sign said open carryin' freaky people need not come inside...! So I tucked my shirt down over my Colt and I went in to ask H.E. Butt, why? He said, "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I'll sell to you!". So I pushed my shirt up off my Colt and I said..."Hmmph, Imagine that...Me buyin' from you!!"

:evil2: "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" :evil2:
That could be intentional exposing a concealed handgun in a manner to cause alarm! :roll:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

jmra

Post by jmra »

twomillenium wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Signs...signs....everywhere the signs...blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind...Do this, don't do that...Can't you read the signs?!!

(Or my personal favorite)... And the sign said, Long haired freaky people need not apply..." So I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him, why? He said, "You look like a fine upstanding man, I think you'll do..." So I pulled out my hair from under my hat, and said..."Hmmph...Imagine that!, Me workin' for you!"

(Scott's Electrical Band Version)... And the sign said open carryin' freaky people need not come inside...! So I tucked my shirt down over my Colt and I went in to ask H.E. Butt, why? He said, "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I'll sell to you!". So I pushed my shirt up off my Colt and I said..."Hmmph, Imagine that...Me buyin' from you!!"

That could be intentional exposing a concealed handgun in a manner to cause alarm! :roll:
Not if the store is not posted with a 30.07 and the firearm is carried in a shoulder or belt holster.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

jmra wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

Not if the store is not posted with a 30.07 and the firearm is carried in a shoulder or belt holster.
Read the WHOLE parody of the song. There is also no law that allows display in a threatening manner just because you don't like what they said. :banghead:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Dadtodabone wrote:English is the official language of these United States. Candidates for naturalization must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to conduct their naturalization interview in it.
Thank you for that reminder.... :thumbs2:
Last edited by Oldgringo on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmra

Post by jmra »

twomillenium wrote:
jmra wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

Read the WHOLE parody of the song. There is also no law that allows display in a threatening manner just because you don't like what they said. :banghead:
You will have to show me where a gun is shown in a threatening manner in his post. Revealing that you are carrying in a non-posted non-prohibited place with a properly carried weapon is called open carry.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

La la la... And the sign said you have to have a LTC card to get inside..."No you can't shop, no you can't eat...your not supposed to BE HERE.... "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Dadtodabone wrote:English is the official language of these United States. Candidates for naturalization must be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to conduct their naturalization interview in it.
Who's going to tell them in California?

Of course, a great many never bother with naturalization. Who needs it? You get the same welfare benefits and registered to vote whether you want to or not, don't need a D/L or ID.....
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

And the the (30.07) sign said all people caught dressed OC will be shot on sight! I shook my fist and wore my shirt and said..."Man what what gives you the right?!"..."to lock mother nature in and keep my OC out!"..."If God was here he say it to your (H.E.B.'s) face"..."Man your some kinda' sinner (anti)!!" :mad5

:biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

jmra wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
jmra wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

You will have to show me where a gun is shown in a threatening manner in his post. Revealing that you are carrying in a non-posted non-prohibited place with a properly carried weapon is called open carry.
WHATEVER........I was participating in the funny parody of the song. It said he was in HEB (H.E.Butt) and So I pushed my shirt up off my Colt (not the little horsey) and I said..."Hmmph, Imagine that...Me buyin' from you!!"
I said COULD not did. Hope you understand where I was coming from so you can chill. No hard feelings here, I even had a bad day once....... well almost once. :woohoo

The next few adlib verses are hilarious. ( I do defend the right of private property owners)

jmra

Post by jmra »

twomillenium wrote:
jmra wrote:
twomillenium wrote:
jmra wrote:
twomillenium wrote:

WHATEVER........I was participating in the funny parody of the song. It said he was in HEB (H.E.Butt) and So I pushed my shirt up off my Colt (not the little horsey) and I said..."Hmmph, Imagine that...Me buyin' from you!!"
I said COULD not did. Hope you understand where I was coming from so you can chill. No hard feelings here, I even had a bad day once....... well almost once. :woohoo

The next few adlib verses are hilarious. ( I do defend the right of private property owners)
Chill? Didn't realize anyone was upset.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

La....la.... ...When they passed the (collection) plate 'round at the end of it all....

I took up a pencil and paper, and wrote my own little sign... It said..."Thank you HEB for thinkin' 'bout me, I'm packin' and feelin' fine...." "rlol"

3dfxMM
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 3dfxMM »

That does not make it the official language. The United States does not have an official language. Also, there are circumstances where a candidate can be exempted from the language requirement.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

3dfxMM wrote:
That does not make it the official language. The United States does not have an official language. Also, there are circumstances where a candidate can be exempted from the language requirement.
and a great many are exempted without real justification :banghead:

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Having lived my teenage years 70 miles from the Mexican border, I will tell you that there are folks down in that area who may be able to hold a conversation in broken English, but good luck if they can read at more than a little kid's level in English. However, they are Americans and Texans, and they deserve proper notice just like everyone who can speak and read English properly. I'm not going into what the responsibilities of our education system are or are not, just telling you what I remember, and that is likely still true.

Return to “Off-Topic”