Houston Grand Jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Unocat
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston Grand Jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

Post by Unocat »

John Adams has been attributed with the quote "A nation of laws, and not of men." However in the last 50 years I must add on - except that some men are above the law.

That is the sad part, even when reading section 46 of the penal code, is that the law makers exempt themselves routinely from the laws the citizens must live by. Add to that the leniency the courts show to hollywood or the politicos that are on their side and you really have to ask, are we really a nation of laws? Or are laws becoming the convenient methods of attacking others when you are in power... Granting legal justification when needed... Ok, rant mode off.
NRA lifetime member
Combat Veteran
"carthago delenda est"

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Scott Farkus »

n5wd wrote:
Scott Farkus wrote:...I don't know much about Harris county's internal politics but it is at minimum concerning that a Perry appointed Republican (which the DA is, as I understand it) would even have such a person on staff, but again, I don't know the circumstances surrounding this or how these assistants are typically selected.
The Harris Count District Attorney is, like every other distrct attorney in the State of Texas, an elected official. They are elected by the voters in the county in which they serve.
I read yesterday that she was appointed by Perry after her husband, who was the DA, died in office. She might have stood for office herself since, I don't know.

misterlarry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by misterlarry »

A shameful miscarriage of justice imho.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Does any one know if Devon Anderson or an ADA was lead prosecutor counsel in the Grand Jury?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/anti- ... awyer-says

The most serious charge is the fake drivers licenses. Apparently Planned Parenthood keeps a data base of the names of anti abortion activists, so the pair needed drivers licenses with different names than their own to get in to talk to Planned Parenthood. The pair are from California.

An out of state drivers license that is fake is a felony while a fake Texas drivers license is only a misdemeanor.

The DA is apparently 100% behind throwing the book at the two anti abortion activists. It was not an accident that this happened.

Previously on the radio the defense team had suggested that the charges might be dropped. But today's statements pretty much quash that.

Today someone with information on the UT Galveston Med Center tissue purchases said they want to turn over all kinds of information on Planned Parenthood here in Houston.

No one has been able to answer me as to whether the opportunity to Primary the DA in Harris County has passed or if she is being even apposed by a Democrat. Lots of talk on the radio about how she is really a good Conservative and apposes abortion, but that this is where the evidence went and she has no choice but to uphold the law.

Seems there is a lot of this upholding the law against Conservative causes, but letting the law slide on Liberal causes. I just thought I would not see it here in Houston.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

Wow.

The UT Medical Center was buying aborted fetal tissue? Isn't that one of the things this journalist was indicted for? Is this DA going to go after UT now?

I hope there is something else going on here that we're not privy to, or else I'm afraid we may well be done as a country. The hypocrisy surrounding this general issue is bad enough, but the blatant corruption of our government institutions to prop up Planned Parenthood at seemingly any cost simply defies explanation. We cannot survive this and remain a nation of laws.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 17

Post by mojo84 »

It's a shame the Harris County DA's office is more concerned about someone that faked ID's in order to exposed baby murders and those selling human body parts. Planned Murderhood appears to be above the law.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

mojo84 wrote:It's a shame the Harris County DA's office is more concerned about someone that faked ID's in order to exposed baby murders and those selling human body parts. Planned Murderhood appears to be above the law.
:iagree:
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Like this was any surprise but according to the article below "Planned Parenthood attorney Josh Schaffer said a prosecutor told him the grand jury never even voted on possible criminal charges against the nation's largest abortion provider."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0f9ee593 ... 4061479263

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

mrvmax wrote:Like this was any surprise but according to the article below "Planned Parenthood attorney Josh Schaffer said a prosecutor told him the grand jury never even voted on possible criminal charges against the nation's largest abortion provider."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0f9ee593 ... 4061479263
I don't want to put a whole lot of confidence in an AP reporter's regurgitation of a Planned Parenthood attorney's spin, but what in the world is going on here? Is it even possible that a grand jury didn't even vote on the very thing it was convened for? It's like we're in a Lewis Carroll novel.

What has happened to us?

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... rts-sales/

The video that was shot here in Houston of Planned Parenthood shows discussing accounting on baby body parts, so that the end user does not have to pay for unusable body parts.

"Farrell explains to Daleiden and Merritt over lunch that her department – which has overseen the organization’s fetal tissue supply program since 2006 — “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here.”"

The two activists, Daleiden and Merritt, will be turning themselves into the police today.

This says that the Planned Parenthood attorneys came up with the charges against the pair.

Nortex
Banned

Post by Nortex »

Seeing how the people of Houston elected the lesbian mayor, I wouldn't put much faith in "the people" down there.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It would not surprise me one bit to find out this is really what is behind the indictment of the pro-life folks instead of the Planned Murderhood organization.

http://www.empowertexans.com/features/t ... witterfeed
A conservative attorney is out with bombshell evidence showing that Texas medical schools have been purchasing organs taken from aborted babies by Planned Parenthood. Briscoe Cain, the Texas legal counsel to the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue, revealed invoices and emails showing the illegal sales. - See more at: http://www.empowertexans.com/features/t ... HPelQ.dpuf

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mojo84 wrote:It would not surprise me one bit to find out this is really what is behind the indictment of the pro-life folks instead of the Planned Murderhood organization.

http://www.empowertexans.com/features/t ... witterfeed
A conservative attorney is out with bombshell evidence showing that Texas medical schools have been purchasing organs taken from aborted babies by Planned Parenthood. Briscoe Cain, the Texas legal counsel to the anti-abortion group Operation Rescue, revealed invoices and emails showing the illegal sales. - See more at: http://www.empowertexans.com/features/t ... HPelQ.dpuf
I wonder if the DA informed/disclosed to the GJ that many of the biological companies who procure their samples from PP are under investigation to see if they and PP broke any laws. There are references to ABR and several others in the attached link dated September of last year so if I can find it surely an astute and fair minded ADA in the interest of justice could as well. Keep following the money and you always find answers. Interestingly when I looked up Advanced Bioscience Resource Center Linkedin listed their website as ablinc.com - Advanced Bioscience Laboratories a for profit company in Maryland.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2015 ... middlemen/
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”