Houston Grand Jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Houston Grand Jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

Post by anygunanywhere »

goose wrote:if our system is just, we will find out shortly
Justice for the almost 60,000,00 babies butchered since Roe v Wade in 1973 will never happen on this earth. The carnage will continue until the day abortion either stops or Our Savior Jesus Christ returns in glory. How anyone can wave the banner of abortion and cheer for obvious evil and ignorance of justice is something I cannot fathom.

Calling this justice is an abomination.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

goose
Posts in topic: 10

Post by goose »

anygunanywhere wrote:
goose wrote:if our system is just, we will find out shortly
Justice for the almost 60,000,00 babies butchered since Roe v Wade in 1973 will never happen on this earth. The carnage will continue until the day abortion either stops or Our Savior Jesus Christ returns in glory. How anyone can wave the banner of abortion and cheer for obvious evil and ignorance of justice is something I cannot fathom.

Calling this justice is an abomination.
The quote of mine you quoted was addressing the justice system. If you feel it is an abomination, you may be correct. But I would again say that it is the best one I can see from here.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

goose

Post by goose »

goose wrote:The quote of mine you quoted....."
That is some fine Englishin' there.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

I knew this video thing was a farce , too flaky a deal . These folks intentions may have been good but it will hurt the anti abortion cause . Our country is sick but I am proud of our state putting up a fight to save the unborn children .

mojo84
Posts in topic: 17

Post by mojo84 »

chuck j wrote:I knew this video thing was a farce , too flaky a deal . These folks intentions may have been good but it will hurt the anti abortion cause . Our country is sick but I am proud of our state putting up a fight to save the unborn children .

If it wasn't for these folks doing this investigative reporting, the state would not be looking into Planned Murderhood.

I find it interesting people whine and cry that there is no investigative reporting done nowadays and then when it is done, people turn on the people that do it. Is that not a double standard and hypocritical?

This whole turn of events has me :headscratch .
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

goose

Post by goose »

mojo84 wrote:
chuck j wrote:I knew this video thing was a farce , too flaky a deal . These folks intentions may have been good but it will hurt the anti abortion cause . Our country is sick but I am proud of our state putting up a fight to save the unborn children .

If it wasn't for these folks doing this investigative reporting, the state would not be looking into Planned Murderhood.
In Texas, there was no scrutiny before these videos? I find that hard to believe. We are better than that, IMO. And we have been all over PP for years and years. Both in Texas and nationally.
mojo84 wrote:I find it interesting people whine and cry that there is no investigative reporting done nowadays and then when it is done, people turn on the people that do it. Is that not a double standard and hypocritical?
If a person is complaining about not enough investigative reporting and then ripping it apart, there is a percentage of the complainers that are being hypocritical. But in and of itself, wanting something and wanting something done well doesn't make a person a hypocrite.
mojo84 wrote:This whole turn of events has me :headscratch .

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

It has not hurt the anti-abortion movement. The pro-life cause is strengthening. The arguments for killing the innocents in the womb is growing weaker each day as the TRUTH is exposed for what abortion really is. Look at the fight that took place in congress in the effort to defund PP. It once again brought to light the true colors of the legislators who are only conservative when they want our votes. The fight also once again put the spotlight on the babykillers who support PP at all costs.

The Great State of Texas pulled PP funding.

Pray to God that this abomination in Harris County is squashed and that the LARGEST abortion mill in Texas - in Houston, closes and that thousands of babies are saved from certain death.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Heard Andrew Wilkow make a good point on the radio while I was on my way to lunch. They used the same tactics the animal rights advocates use. The only time the animal rights advocates get prosecuted is on trespassing charges...which don't apply in this case.

He also pointed out the apoplectic fits into which the left would fly at the sight of videos depicting a needle puncturing the brain of a baby animal and killing it in the womb.

Furthermore, both he and the Tennessee Congresswoman he had on as guest pointed out that PP is not being prosecuted and there is plenty of evidence that they violated the law by performing procedures that were medically unnecessary and were used only to preserve body parts....which is illegal.

But then it's been pretty clear this past decade or two that the law doesn't apply to those on the left.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

:confused5

Your state, or at least one not insignificant agent of it, just gave the pro-abortion side several months worth of propaganda headlines that will be thrown in your face for years to come, regardless of how the legal proceedings ultimately play out. I'm not sure how this constitutes "putting up a fight".

Also, what exactly was a farce about the videos? I am not aware of any other similar investigative endeavor that has been as open and transparent as this one. Every minute of every video was released. NBC/CBS/ABC does not do that.

Am I misreading your post?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 17

Post by mojo84 »

goose wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

In Texas, there was no scrutiny before these videos? I find that hard to believe. We are better than that, IMO. And we have been all over PP for years and years. Both in Texas and nationally.
mojo84 wrote:I find it interesting people whine and cry that there is no investigative reporting done nowadays and then when it is done, people turn on the people that do it. Is that not a double standard and hypocritical?
If a person is complaining about not enough investigative reporting and then ripping it apart, there is a percentage of the complainers that are being hypocritical. But in and of itself, wanting something and wanting something done well doesn't make a person a hypocrite.
mojo84 wrote:This whole turn of events has me :headscratch .

I'm not going to play this game with you. Nothing you've said or will say is going to change my mind and I am sure that goes for you as well.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

goose

Post by goose »

mojo84 wrote:I'm not going to play this game with you. Nothing you've said or will say is going to change my mind and I am sure that goes for you as well.
What game? Are my points invalid?

chuck j
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chuck j »

The clock hits home what we have become .

http://www.numberofabortions.com/

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

One Houston talk show had someone on who seemed to know about the charges. Near as I can tell one of the charges is for attempting to purchase organs, the other is for having fake California Drivers licenses, which I guess were used to create the false identity.

I guess the district attorney in Houston is next going to go after everyone in Houston's 19 and 20 year old children.

I suspect the law is written that you cannot purchase human organs. Thus they are saying an organ of a fetus is human. If a fetus is human, then killing a fetus would then be murder, if I am following their logic.

Smokey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Smokey »

So it's illegal to try to buy baby parts but it's not illegal to turn a baby into parts? What an absolute shame.

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wd »

Scott Farkus wrote:...I don't know much about Harris county's internal politics but it is at minimum concerning that a Perry appointed Republican (which the DA is, as I understand it) would even have such a person on staff, but again, I don't know the circumstances surrounding this or how these assistants are typically selected.
The Harris Count District Attorney is, like every other distrct attorney in the State of Texas, an elected official. They are elected by the voters in the county in which they serve.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Return to “Off-Topic”