Gravity Waves

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Gravity Waves

Post by WildBill »

Beiruty wrote:Yep, and warping the space, is just like dropping 2 large-balls in the rubber sheet and the sheet would oscillate like a wave in the pond. In the pond example, water would be displaced vertically while the wave is propagated horizontally. In 3D space, the wave would displace the space in 3D spherically, starting at the center of 2-blackholes.

But this is not news to those in the know....

God said in the holy book of Qur'an: Chapter 21 (Prophets): Verse 104 what it means:
The Day when We will fold the heaven like the folding of a [written] sheet of the records. As We began the first creation, We will repeat it. [That is] a promise binding upon Us. Indeed, We will do it.
The "news" it that this is the first time that it has been scientifically proven.
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Yep, and warping the space, is just like dropping 2 large-balls in the rubber sheet and the sheet would oscillate like a wave in the pond. In the pond example, water would be displaced vertically while the wave is propagated horizontally. In 3D space, the wave would displace the space in 3D spherically, starting at the center of 2-blackholes.

God said in the holy book of Qur'an: Chapter 21 (Prophets): Verse 104 what it means:
The Day when We will fold the heaven like the folding of a [written] sheet of the records. As We began the first creation, We will repeat it. [That is] a promise binding upon Us. Indeed, We will do it.
The "news" it that this is the first time that it has been scientifically proven.
I've known about them for years and blame them every time I miss a target. :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Bunch of nerds, I tell you. Bunch of nerds.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dadtodabone »

anygunanywhere wrote:Negative gravity waves, Moriarty, always with the negative gravity waves!
That happens after being assaulted by Tigers!
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Post by twomillenium »

I thought the moon looked a bit closer last night.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

anygunanywhere wrote:Bunch of nerds, I tell you. Bunch of nerds.
I plead guilty your honor! :smash:
NRA Endowment Member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Beiruty »

anygunanywhere wrote:Bunch of nerds, I tell you. Bunch of nerds.
You need to joining us hunting a pulsar.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Tracker wrote:Now you guys know you are jacking with the anti-2A lurkers stereotype of you being nothing more the then knuckle dragging babba joe six packs, don't yea?
This forum has one common theme - CHL/TLC that brought us here. That is what brought me to the forum.
The interests of forum members extend to other things like target shooting, reloading, travel, hunting, science, grilling, smoking, cooking, music, flying, photography, etc.
The membership is very diverse in age, backgrounds, family, opinions, outside interests, jobs/vocations, education, music, hobbies.
That is what keeps me here and posting. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

twomillenium wrote:I thought the moon looked a bit closer last night.
That's a optical delusion. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I've known about them for years and blame them every time I miss a target. :biggrinjester:
My "missed shots" traveled faster than light and went through the time space continuum and will hit the target some time in the future when the planets align properly. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

anygunanywhere wrote:Negative gravity waves, Moriarty, always with the negative gravity waves!
Have some faith baby, have some faith!.... I love Kelly's Heroes, seen it so many times I think I have it memorized..

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:

My "missed shots" traveled faster than light and went through the time space continuum and will hit the target some time in the future when the planets align properly. :mrgreen:
"rlol" :thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lynyrd »

Space/time? I once had a deep philosophical discussion about the concept of time. In it's best form, a definition cannot use words that derive their meaning from the word being defined. So, how do you define time. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, years are all units of time. But to give a good definition, you cannot use terms that derive their meaning from the concept of "time." So how does one define time? During that philosophical discussion, we pondered as we imbibed. Ponder as well my friends. We came up with a definition. Can you? This pertains to Einstein's theory directly, or space and time would not have a correlation.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Beiruty »

Special Relativity and the concept of time, that can shrink, elongate and stop is all relative. Einstein selected the speed of light as a constant. However, speed is a measurement of movement of an object relative to fixed frame of coordinates(space) per unit of time. However, space also is not fixed and can be wrapped. So, how come speed of light is fixed and not the unit of time??!!!

In addition, Einstein says light cannot escape a blackhole, so what it means light velocity is 0 and not the C, or time is always is 0 or both are 0.
Last edited by Beiruty on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”