75 round of pistol ammo found - nearby homes evac'd

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jago668
Posts in topic: 5

Re: 75 round of pistol ammo found - nearby homes evac'd

Post by Jago668 »

puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:Regardless of the round count, I don't think that most people on this forum and LEOs carry rusted and corroded ammunition. At least I hope not. :mrgreen:
I don't know Bill. I think the 500 rounds of .22 CB shorts I have in my truck are showing signs of corrosion. They're not shiny bright anymore. :lol: I hope I'm not searched if I get stopped.
Edited: I am going to remove them, put them into hermetically sealed mayonnaise jars and place them in a secret place lest some one should web search my location and try to relieve me of them! :biggrinjester:
Make sure to use new jars that still have mayo in them. It will keep air from getting to them and corroding them. Should work just as well as cosmoline. :biggrinjester:
NRA Benefactor Member

Dadtodabone
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dadtodabone »

Jago668 wrote:
puma guy wrote:
WildBill wrote:Regardless of the round count, I don't think that most people on this forum and LEOs carry rusted and corroded ammunition. At least I hope not. :mrgreen:
I don't know Bill. I think the 500 rounds of .22 CB shorts I have in my truck are showing signs of corrosion. They're not shiny bright anymore. :lol: I hope I'm not searched if I get stopped.
Edited: I am going to remove them, put them into hermetically sealed mayonnaise jars and place them in a secret place lest some one should web search my location and try to relieve me of them! :biggrinjester:
Make sure to use new jars that still have mayo in them. It will keep air from getting to them and corroding them. Should work just as well as cosmoline. :biggrinjester:
Nope, mayo contains vinegar and lemon juice, both highly corrosive.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

:thumbs2: Yup! I put'em in empty jars! Now I need to find a place for all the mayonnaise.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jago668
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jago668 »

There was a reason I used the crazy jester smiley face thing. Even if it was safe for the ammo, I still don't want to dig through gunk like that to get my ammo.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Off-Topic”