A Dishonest Dallas Doctor

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Dishonest Dallas Doctor

Post by Pariah3j »

So not sure what the multiple wives and healthcare fraud have to do with anything ? However I've never understood why bigamy/polygamy was illegal, assuming everyone involved is consenting adults and are ok with it. This doesn't sound like the case here, but a felony for being stupid enough to have multiple wives ? I love my wife, but one is all I ever wanna handle...
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

I guess he couldn't go the serial monogamy route most in the U.S. prefer...

One doctor friend of mine has been married 5 times and working on the 6th.

Each thoroughly divorced before proceeding to the next.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Abraham wrote:I guess he couldn't go the serial monogamy route most in the U.S. prefer...

Each thoroughly divorced before proceeding to the next
Admirable!

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I guess, exceptionally worthy judge of character I am, I warned the good doctor (pre-marriage) about the last disastrous one. I counseled, "this person is a very bad choice".

Once this one was disposed of, ah, I mean divorced, I heard: "Please, don't say, I told you so"

I said, not a word, but simply put both palms up with my lips firmly sealed.

No need to rub salt in the wounds...

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Abraham wrote:I guess he couldn't go the serial monogamy route most in the U.S. prefer...
If you're gonna have wives in parallel, you'll need some way to afford it... Too bad he chose fraud. Like the poster above, I don't differentiate this much (other than the timing) from 5+ marriages.

Whole darn US medical system is broken. Last DR visit:
1) I could pay $200 cash, I chose insurance.
2) They billed insurance $850
3) Insurance paid $330 + my $20-co pay. I noted that their payout rates on medical codes were only slightly higher than that of medicare.

We'll see how the "balance billing" sorts out. It's a mess.

rotor

Post by rotor »

In my small city we have had some doctors office computers and records seized for supposed Medicare fraud and nothing ever came of it. Big news in a small town. Eventually everything was dropped so let's not make too much of all of this. Innocent till proven guilty. People who work for Medicare were too mean to be hired by IRS. Medicare also uses private contractors that work on commission to find "fraud". On multiple wives? Who knows.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

cb1000rider wrote:
If you're gonna have wives in parallel, you'll need some way to afford it... Too bad he chose fraud. Like the poster above, I don't differentiate this much (other than the timing) from 5+ marriages.

Whole darn US medical system is broken. Last DR visit:
1) I could pay $200 cash, I chose insurance.
2) They billed insurance $850
3) Insurance paid $330 + my $20-co pay. I noted that their payout rates on medical codes were only slightly higher than that of medicare.

We'll see how the "balance billing" sorts out. It's a mess.
If it's a network provider they cannot balance bill.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

mojo84 wrote:
If it's a network provider they cannot balance bill.
Agreed.. But at the front of that issue you usually signed something when you walked in that you agreed to the "balance" of services. If they balance bill you, it's a contract violation between them and the insurer, which can be a real pain to get sorted out... In the mean time, the DR's billing agency is usually on your case.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

As you said, they will be in violation of their contract if they had you sign something that says you'll pay the difference between their agreed contacted price and what they want to bill. If they try to collect, tell them you are going tip notify the insurance company and then do it. They'll back off immediately if they value that contact.

They are operating on the no asky, no getty theory. You'd be surprised how many people fall for it. It's unscrupulous tactics and I would not care if the provider was on my back, I wouldn't give in.

Too many people cave and that perpetuates the problem. Negotiating for healthcare is a must in this day and time if you don't want to be fleeced.

I deal with this stuff daily both professionally and personally. I recently had a sustain where the provider was billing me for almost $600 for blood labs. I notified them I was going to notify the insurance carrier and they revised the amount I owed them to $24.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I deleted my post, since it didn't really contribute upon second thought.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”