Hey DFW people, especially north side

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hey DFW people, especially north side

Post by MadMonkey »

Babe's in Roanoke for lunch would be nice... I totally don't live a few minutes from there, either... :leaving

I almost never have breakfast so I don't even know of any good breakfast places around here.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Snooty Pig in Grapevine. It's next door to the Minyards on Hall Johnson Road, just west of 121. I've OC'd in there, and nobody seemed to care.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rbftfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbftfire »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The Snooty Pig in Grapevine. It's next door to the Minyards on Hall Johnson Road, just west of 121. I've OC'd in there, and nobody seemed to care.
This is about 45 minutes out for me which is reasonable. I'd certainly be willing to give it a shot.

The complications that I bring to the table all involve timing. Saturdays are generally my best option but we have baseball games to get to and they seem to like to schedule them at noon which impedes my ability to make certain times a bit. Of course, if the timing does not work, its certainly not the end of the world. The season will not go on forever and if this ends up being a recurring event then I would be sure to make the ones that I can.

The other question that I would be about our kids/families. Does anyone have reason to object to members bringing their families with them?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rbftfire wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The Snooty Pig in Grapevine. It's next door to the Minyards on Hall Johnson Road, just west of 121. I've OC'd in there, and nobody seemed to care.
This is about 45 minutes out for me which is reasonable. I'd certainly be willing to give it a shot.

The complications that I bring to the table all involve timing. Saturdays are generally my best option but we have baseball games to get to and they seem to like to schedule them at noon which impedes my ability to make certain times a bit. Of course, if the timing does not work, its certainly not the end of the world. The season will not go on forever and if this ends up being a recurring event then I would be sure to make the ones that I can.

The other question that I would be about our kids/families. Does anyone have reason to object to members bringing their families with them?
There's always families with kids at the Snooty Pig. As a general answer to your question, regardless of where we would meet, I'm a grandpa twice over, so of course kids are welcome. I don't know that I can speak for others....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

I don't have a problem with Sundays (generally speaking), or with kids being present. Can try to talk my girlfriend into going as well, she enjoyed the range day we did well enough.
NRA Benefactor Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I'm keeping up with this thread. If I'm not working and my daughter doesn't have a softball game, then I'd like to meet with ya'll just about wherever. I might even OC if the location is okay with that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

The Annoyed Man mentioned the Snooty Pig. Great suggestion in my opinion. Used to have a men of faith breakfast at the Keller location and never had a bad meal. 121/Colleyville area seems relatively centralized with easy access to intersecting highways. I second (third or fourth even) having any member of the family participate. Not only for public perspective but because it would be a positive atmosphere for them to be in and watch relatively like minded persons interact.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

I'm game for Snooty Pig. I looked at their online breakfast menu, and it looked good!

http://www.snootypig.com/menus.html
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

I'm in too. Doesn't someone need to pick a tentative date before we can proceed much further?
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

Lena
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Lena »

not the 3rd Saturday any others are ok
that's match day
I will drive an hour + to a meeting forsure, not 2 hrs I know I live farther than most do, 1 hr east of Dallas.

Beruity has gone with me to the 3rd Sat match several times now just out of Terrell, we could shoot it and go get a burger afterwards very close by, like 5 minutes from the range. just an idea there. Good burger, home made buns and gun friendly small country place.

This month's match will PROBABLY be a 2 gun with pistol and back up gun, about 125 rounds +-, any interest PM me starts sharp at 9am usually over before 1pm at the latest. Next months guessing pistol/ shotgun.
If you never have shot one they are very addicting, usually 6 stages, I can answer most any question anyone has. Don't have a back up gun you can borrow one.
Last edited by Lena on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

First Saturday is best for me
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I shoot 5- Stand, Skeet, sporting clays, and trap the first 4 Saturday's of the month. One discipline each Saturday at my gun club. I thought someone posted about a restaraunt that gave discounts for open carrying but I can't find it.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Lena

Post by Lena »

think it was down south a BBQ place I do remember it
Stay Safe

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Lena wrote:think it was down south a BBQ place I do remember it
There is a BBQ place in Houston but I thought I remembered someone talking about a restaraunt around the DFW area. Maybe I imagined it.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Lena

Post by Lena »

if you find our let us know
Stay Safe

Return to “Off-Topic”