Tannerite

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Tannerite

Post by Lynyrd »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Abraham wrote:Are you a kid that needs to hear, be part of a big boom?

Man, grow up!
Wow. :roll: Judge much?

Of COURSE I like to hear loud booms and see stuff blow up! Haven't you ever enjoyed a fireworks show? When people are acting like the "gents" in the OP's post, then yeah, it's a problem. But if nobody is getting hurt and nobody is getting bothered, what do you care?
:iagree:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

Here's why I care: Because my next door neighbor, who has been a good neighbor for many years, found tannerite and shoots it in his backyard enough times to make me jittery.

So, yes, I judge when sudden, very loud explosions occur.

Darn right I do!

It's startling as all get out and something I don't appreciate.

If it continues to occur, I'm afraid my good neighbor and I will end up at odds with each other.

So far, I've said nothing in the hope he'll grow tired of finding this noise making fascinating, (as little kids often do) without me requesting he stop.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

Tannerite's too expensive for my tastes, but I think I'll join with those who wouldn't see it banned.

But disturbing the peace is a different deal. There are probably laws in place to govern what kinds of explosions anybody can set off.

Back in the 80's I worked on a blast monitor. It was a 6811 based single board computer with a three axis geophone meant to be buried near a blasting site, like a gravel quarry, and also used a microphone to monitor air-conducted sound. As I recall, the US Bureau of Mines regulated that activity. Whoever wrote the regs, there was an allowable frequency and amplitude envelope.

Fun project.

Anyway, good luck with the boisterous neighbors. Hope you can get them to settle down.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

All of my neighbors and I live on acreage.

That is, our houses aren't hived closely together like so many are in big sub-divisions. We've plenty of elbow room between houses.

If we were situated in hive like subdivision, I'd have to speak to him about it.

Topic author
2farnorth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 2farnorth »

I really don't wish to see the stuff banned/heavily regulated . It can be a useful thing when used with reasonable consideration. But, as with anything else, when that consideration is lacking the government will eventually step in and try to regulate it. I'm sure the sheriffs in the area a tired of responding to calls of this nature. They will be the ones talking to the bureaucrats to get something done. This event was excessive and inconsiderate. Yes, I may be a little more sensitive to it than I should be, but Monday morning I had a co-worker that lives 3+ miles north (as the crow flies) asking if any one knew what the big blast was Sunday evening.

I think I'm justified in my concerns.
N5PNZ

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

Wouldn't existing noise level laws cover this? Just like if someone is playing music too loud?
NRA Benefactor Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:TAM,

Here's why I care: Because my next door neighbor, who has been a good neighbor for many years, found tannerite and shoots it in his backyard enough times to make me jittery.

So, yes, I judge when sudden, very loud explosions occur.

Darn right I do!

It's startling as all get out and something I don't appreciate.

If it continues to occur, I'm afraid my good neighbor and I will end up at odds with each other.

So far, I've said nothing in the hope he'll grow tired of finding this noise making fascinating, (as little kids often do) without me requesting he stop.
Well, that's why I said "But if nobody is getting hurt and nobody is getting bothered, what do you care?" You didn't make it clear in your previous posts that you were having the same issue. Now I understand.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

Sometimes I offer up an opinion without going into detail.

I think at times, we all do that...

Return to “Off-Topic”