Obama may visit Hiroshima

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Obama may visit Hiroshima

Post by philip964 »

No doubt desperately looking for first events for his Presidential Library, Obama continues his world apology tour.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Washington Post so it's got to be on their mind at the moment.

Obama apparently invisioned a world without nukes his first year in office.

I have always viewed that future wars are created during the peace. That was certainly the case with 9/11.

There was something in the news about US troops are being pulled out of Gaza because it is too dangerous due to ISIS. It's not being called a retreat, however.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Obama may visit Hiroshima

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Not Gaza, the Sinai due to ISIS. The Machurian President who abandoned Iraq and gave growth to ISIS now wants to visit Hiroshima after providing Iran with a path to nuclear weapons. I never thought I would have to witness anything this bizarre and frightening.

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Is he going to apologize for our winning the war?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

psijac

Post by psijac »

South Korea, Germany, and Japan are what they are today because America came in wrecked the place and then made a commitment to those countries to bring stability. There are people who made their political careers off Claiming Vietnam would fail then actively working in Congress to bring about its failure. Same with Afghanistan and Iraq
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

shooter37
Posts in topic: 1

Post by shooter37 »

Come on folks, give the guy some slack; Y'all know how hard it is to find good sushi in Washington

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Maybe someone could recommend he also visit Pearl Harbor, Bataan, and Nanking, China.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Is he going to apologize for our winning the war?
I wouldn't be surprised if he apologized for dropping the bomb. Obama makes Chamberlain look like Churchill.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

My Dad fought in the South Pacific. One of my uncles would have been in the invasion force, had the bomb not been dropped.

I hope I miss the news the day Obama visits Hiroshima. I think I'd rather just not know what will be said.

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

My wife had a family member that died during the Bataan Death March. I remember talking with some of her family in the '70s about that.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

shooter37 wrote:Come on folks, give the guy some slack; Y'all know how hard it is to find good sushi in Washington
did you know that in Japan, sushi is trash that cannot be sold any other way. most Japanese do NOT eat what we call sushi? I hope that some how Chairman Maobama gets a lethal dose of rads while touring Hiroshima and doesn't make it out of the city alive. yea then he's the best president ever above Regan and even above Lincoln even yea cause he died from rad poisoning and being a dumb butt. yes siree I do so hope

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

JP171 wrote:
shooter37 wrote:Come on folks, give the guy some slack; Y'all know how hard it is to find good sushi in Washington
did you know that in Japan, sushi is trash that cannot be sold any other way. most Japanese do NOT eat what we call sushi? I hope that some how Chairman Maobama gets a lethal dose of rads while touring Hiroshima and doesn't make it out of the city alive. yea then he's the best president ever above Regan and even above Lincoln even yea cause he died from rad poisoning and being a dumb butt. yes siree I do so hope
The Japanese do eat sushi and it is a highly regarded food.
The reason most do not eat it very often is that it is very expensive.
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

treadlightly wrote:My Dad fought in the South Pacific. One of my uncles would have been in the invasion force, had the bomb not been dropped.

I hope I miss the news the day Obama visits Hiroshima. I think I'd rather just not know what will be said.
My dad had already taken a Japanese bullet at Iwo Jima, and was training for the invasion of the Japanese homeland - with his company to be part of the first assault wave. One of his friends was in Naval intelligence and was one of the first Americans ashore after the surrender, and he had a first hand look at the Japanese defenses before they were dismantled. It begins to approach certainty that I would not be here typing these words today if not for the atom bombs.

The war made my dad into an ardent pacifist in the years following, but he NEVER felt the need for regret following Hiroshima and Nagasaki; saying that the Japanese wrote a check they could not cash, and the bill was due, and enough Americans had died as the result of Japanese profligacy.

There was a secondary benefit too. The decades following of MAD doctrine was the direct result of the various great powers' acknowledgment of the horrors of nuclear war. They developed bombs for self protection, but were horrified at the thought of ever having to use them....or if having them used against themselves. That was deterrent enough alone. As evil as the USSR was, they were not completely irrational or nihilist. Modern terrorists and their state sponsors are both irrational AND nihilist, and that is why it was so completely devoid of any intellectual honesty or integrity when Obama submitted to Iran's quest for a missile-launched nuclear weapon. That is going to come home to roost here some day, and the responsibility for that rests very squarely on Obama's shoulders - and by extension, democrat voter fecklessness and disregard for common sense.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

WildBill wrote:
JP171 wrote:
well gee whiz, I guess Andrew zimmern was wrong when he was in Japan then golly I didn't know you were such an expert on the subject since his show bizarre foods was so obviously wrong and he doesn't know what he is talking about and you do. hmmm me thinks your the stereotypical American and believe everything you hear thru the dead grapevine Bill

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

JP171 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
JP171 wrote:
well gee whiz, I guess Andrew zimmern was wrong when he was in Japan then golly I didn't know you were such an expert on the subject since his show bizarre foods was so obviously wrong and he doesn't know what he is talking about and you do. hmmm me thinks your the stereotypical American and believe everything you hear thru the dead grapevine Bill
I don't know Andrew Zimmern, but I have been to Japan many times, so I know about the subject first hand. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”