Microsoft Windows Key Expiring - Emergency Call

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Microsoft Windows Key Expiring - Emergency Call

Post by WildBill »

Weird, I just got a call that my Microsoft Windows key expired and I needed to call this number immediately.

Jeeze I wonder who thinks up these things. :banghead:
NRA Endowment Member

ScottDLS

Re: Microsoft Windows Key Expiring - Emergency Call

Post by ScottDLS »

Give me the number! It's the Nigerian Prince I have been trying to reach!!! "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

doncb

Post by doncb »

The IRS called me yesterday. Told me they would issue an arrest warrant if I didn't pay what I owed right then. I asked him for his home phone number and I'd call him after dinner.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

My recent fav is the call "from" Dell saying that they are receiving serious error and vulnerability reports from my computer. They even spoof the real Dell support telephone number; the only reason I first answered the call.

Me: "What's the service tag number for the machine that's broadcasting the report?"

"Dell": "I'm sorry, I don't have that information."

Me: "What about the PC model number?"

"Dell": "I don't have that information in front of me, either."

Me: "No problem. I can identify it by the IP address. What IP is broadcasting?

"Dell": "I'm sorry."

Me: "Actually, I haven't had a Dell system online in many months. I use an HP."

"Dell": Click.

Yet I still had to eventually block the number from hitting my cell phone. They kept calling three times every day.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

doncb wrote:The IRS called me yesterday. Told me they would issue an arrest warrant if I didn't pay what I owed right then. I asked him for his home phone number and I'd call him after dinner.
I got a recorded call from the Internal Revenue Service today saying I was being sued by them, and to call a specific number for further information. I replied "click." :mrgreen:

The "No Call" list has become useless last few years, even though I re-signed up last year. As a senior, I get all the normal junk calls, plus a never ending number of calls aimed specifically at seniors. I'm really sick of it. :grumble

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

I got the microsoft technical support scam call once. Funny thing is I fix computers for a living. After having the guy wait for my computer to boot for about 20 minutes i told him my mac done booting. He tried calling me a bunch of names. Funny how they think any cuss words they can use are better then the ones i can come up with for indian scammers.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Got the IRS scam call a couple of times. I think they look up older folks in the city directory and hope to get some little old lady or man that doesn't know any better. They people deserve to rot in jail as far as I'm concerned. The scum of the earth. Sorry, that's just how I feel about slime balls that try and rip off the elderly. IRS will not call you on the phone.

Return to “Off-Topic”