Photographer killed at range

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Photographer killed at range

Post by KLB »

The range operator should not have let that happen. You can safely bet that the lawyer for the photographer's family will argue that. This could be easily end up as another example of the time-honored legal rule that the widow wins.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

KLB wrote:The range operator should not have let that happen. You can safely bet that the lawyer for the photographer's family will argue that. This could be easily end up as another example of the time-honored legal rule that the widow wins.
This was at the gravel-pit make-shift range, no operator, no safety regulations. Free for all shooting and drugs, alcohol, etc.. are mixed with shooting. There is more to the story.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

As soon as I read the title I thought of the photographers for James Yeager.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Mavs00

Post by Mavs00 »

Seems like the term "Range" is being loosely applied here. seems more like the town shootem up, drinkem up hang out to me. Alcohol :cheers2: + guns :fire = nothing good.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I used to go to local sandpits, and dumps in New England to shoot when I was a much younger man. We had no range officers or operators, and never observed unsafe behaviors. Today there are more people than ever shooting and too many of shooters aren't safe even in a controlled range.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Back many eons ago when I was 16 my buddies and I would go shooting. It was more or less a free for all but at no time did we ever violate gun safety rules, we all grew up in gun owning families, typically when we would all get together to go shooting the question was always "what did you bring to shoot" if immature 16yo boys can be gun safe then this makes me question the modern adult!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

I've been to that place and shot there ONCE :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire Stayed about 10 min, packed up and left. it is a free for all, and users just walk up and shoot from wherever they are at the moment.... no considerations for others locations. When I showed up it was just me and the two folks that went there to test fire a gun being bought.... then a few others showed up....BEHIND US and started shooting at stuff already down range..
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “Off-Topic”