Obamacare and Insurance Companies Pulling Out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obamacare and Insurance Companies Pulling Out

Post by treadlightly »

Hmmm... Crocodile tears?

Insurance companies fought for Obamacare. Now that it's here, every customer that drops off of the Obamacare plan funnels right into free market plans. The insurance companies end up with more customers after setting up a system they are now ducking.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Image
Can you provide an original source where Trump actually said that?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

mojo84 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Image
Can you provide an original source where Trump actually said that?

That's well thought out and articulate... can't be a direct quote :biggrinjester:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

treadlightly wrote:Hmmm... Crocodile tears?

Insurance companies fought for Obamacare. Now that it's here, every customer that drops off of the Obamacare plan funnels right into free market plans. The insurance companies end up with more customers after setting up a system they are now ducking.
In 2013 pundits opined that one of the main goals of Obamacare is to drive private insurers out of business, and make it too expensive for employers to provide health insurance for their employees, so everyone will eventually be herded into the ultimate form of government power over the citizen: single-payer socialized medicine. Simple as that.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

mojo84 wrote: Can you provide an original source where Trump actually said that?
Pretty sure that this is an anonymous bit of political humor that has been posted and reposted many times in blogs and social media and most recently incorrectly attributed to Trump. Still its pretty spot on!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's obvious Trump's writer is much more articulate than he is. However, this does not outline a comprehensive healthcare reform plan. This barely scratched the surface.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/ ... are-reform

It is ridiculous to continue to focus on how the exhorbitant costs of healthcare are paid without addressing the exhorbitant costs themselves. People can already ask how much things will costs. The problem is, they have no incentive to as long a someone else is footing the bill.

It's the cost that's the problem. Address that and then we can have meaning reform regarding how they are paid.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
mojo84 wrote: Can you provide an original source where Trump actually said that?
Pretty sure that this is an anonymous bit of political humor that has been posted and reposted many times in blogs and social media and most recently incorrectly attributed to Trump. Still its pretty spot on!

Ok, I just don't want something sensible being attributed to Trump. His "plan" isn't a plan and it will not help much, if any. See my previous post.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

mojo84 wrote:It's obvious Trump's writer is much more articulate than he is. However, this does not outline a comprehensive healthcare reform plan. This barely scratched the surface.

It is ridiculous to continue to focus on how the exhorbitant costs of healthcare are paid without addressing the exhorbitant costs themselves. People can already ask how much things will costs. The problem is, they have no incentive to as long a someone else is footing the bill.

It's the cost that's the problem. Address that and then we can have meaning reform regarding how they are paid.
You know what? That's not true. I recently tried to find out how much a colonoscopy would cost me (my cost after insurance contract reductions -- $1000's away, from fulfilling the deductible). I couldn't do it. There's the facility fee (which may vary depending upon what the procedure finds) the doctor fee for the procedure, the anestheologisrs fee, the lab fee, (which will also vary) and probably other fees. All of which need to be adjusted for insurance limits. (If you can get a straight answer in the first place and find providers that will all work together and are all in your network.) It became so complex that I eventually decided to put it off for 11 months until I go on Medicare. (Where I believe Medicare will pay for it all with the supplementary insurance.)
Last edited by sjfcontrol on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Abraham wrote:Democrats insist Obamacare is just fine even though insurance companies are hemorrhaging dollars and the biggest has announced it's pulling out.
You were not supposed to stop drinking the Kool-Aid! Drink UP. BHO is our Savior! Everything he does turns to gold. Just look at his successes in getting the US out of two wars, fighting criminal extremism, winning the Nobel Peace Prize, improving relations with Israel, stopping climate change, lowering gasoline prices, reducing unemployment, improving race relations in the US. :anamatedbanana

Excuse me, I have to go puke now.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

sjfcontrol wrote:
mojo84 wrote:It's obvious Trump's writer is much more articulate than he is. However, this does not outline a comprehensive healthcare reform plan. This barely scratched the surface.

You know what? That's not true. I recently tried to find out how much a colonoscopy would cost me (my cost after insurance contract reductions -- $1000's away, from fulfilling the deductible). I couldn't do it. There's the facility fee (which may vary depending upon what the procedure finds) the doctor fee for the procedure, the anestheologisrs fee, the lab fee, (which will also vary) and probably other fees. All of which need to be adjusted for insurance limits. (If you can get a straight answer in the first place.) It became so complex that I eventually decided to put it off for 11 months until I go on Medicare. (Where I believe Medicare will pay for it all with the supplementary insurance.)

I had a colonoscopy and was given the pricing beforehand and I checked with my insurance carrier to get the contracted reimbursement rate for the procedure and providers.

Sorry you were working with a provider that didn't want you to know. You should have contacted other providers and selected a better one. If you would have told them you are a private pay customer, they would have produced the amount pronto. Then you could have contacted your insurance carrier to see what they have agreed to reimburse that provider for that procedure.

Instead, you decided to wait 11 months until someone else was paying for it and they received the Medicare contracted reimbursement.

We are at the point where we need to negotiate healthcare just like we do for a car or house.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here is a resource some may find valuable. It will give estimated costs for procedures performed by participating providers.

http://healthcarebluebook.com

If you can't get your provider to give you an estimate prior to performing the procedure, you should reconsider providers. We never give a contractors or auto mechanics Carte Blanche. Why would we a doctor or medical facility?

Another one.
http://fairhealthconsumer.org/medicalcostlookup.php

One more.
http://clearhealthcosts.com

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BCBS already pulled out of Texas. We had BCBS coverage last year, and lost it when they pulled out.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:BCBS already pulled out of Texas. We had BCBS coverage last year, and lost it when they pulled out.
They still offer individual HMO's and group PPO and HMO's in the state. They just do not offer PPO plans for individuals. They also have limited the areas in which they operate.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

sjfcontrol wrote:

You know what? That's not true. I recently tried to find out how much a colonoscopy would cost me (my cost after insurance contract reductions -- $1000's away, from fulfilling the deductible). I couldn't do it. There's the facility fee (which may vary depending upon what the procedure finds) the doctor fee for the procedure, the anestheologisrs fee, the lab fee, (which will also vary) and probably other fees. All of which need to be adjusted for insurance limits. (If you can get a straight answer in the first place and find providers that will all work together and are all in your network.) It became so complex that I eventually decided to put it off for 11 months until I go on Medicare. (Where I believe Medicare will pay for it all with the supplementary insurance.)

That is really funny! I constantly ask how much things cost and I always get the same answer, we won't know until your insurance evaluates and gets back to us AFTER the lab work or procedure is done.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TreyHouston wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:

That is really funny! I constantly ask how much things cost and I always get the same answer, we won't know until your insurance evaluates and gets back to us AFTER the lab work or procedure is done.
It's really not funny. It's much of the reason we are in the shape we are in. That response is code for we will bill them an exhorbitant amount and take what we get and expect you to cover any deductible.

That won't guarantee the price estimate but they can give a,very close estimate. People need to stop being pushover.

Return to “Off-Topic”