Musician Prince Dead at 57

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Musician Prince Dead at 57

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

All in good fun here :mrgreen:

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

WildBill wrote:As far as the manner of his death, it is unfortunate that he chose to use drugs, but I don't think anyone is glorifying him for it.
It is just another sad and unnecessary death caused by drug abuse.
Hmmm what information do you base this on?

Prince used neither drugs nor alcohol nor tobacco.

rotor

Post by rotor »

AndyC wrote:He was addicted to Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches, apparently.
I think you are right. Also probably on hydrocodone with tylenol and it's possible the tylenol part damaged his liver enough to kill him. The autopsy will show. None of us are immune to the possibility of addiction be it narcotics or alcohol or tobacco. The most common cause of lethal drug overdose is prescription drugs, not street drugs. There are now rigid new rules on prescription narcotics which like everything the government does has unforeseen side effects. People that really need these drugs just to survive are having an almost impossible time getting prescriptions. No easy answers.

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 14

Post by WildBill »

TomsTXCHL wrote:
WildBill wrote:As far as the manner of his death, it is unfortunate that he chose to use drugs, but I don't think anyone is glorifying him for it.

Stories have surfaced that he had been using narcotics for his chronic hip pain for many years.

I am not suggested that he used illegal or "street" drugs or that he took them recreationally.

When different types of drugs and dosages are mixed, sometimes the results can be fatal. It is called polypharmacy.

As others have said, the autopsy results will determine the cause of death.
NRA Endowment Member

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

rotor wrote:
I think you are right. Also probably on hydrocodone with tylenol and it's possible the tylenol part damaged his liver enough to kill him. The autopsy will show. None of us are immune to the possibility of addiction be it narcotics or alcohol or tobacco. The most common cause of lethal drug overdose is prescription drugs, not street drugs. There are now rigid new rules on prescription narcotics which like everything the government does has unforeseen side effects. People that really need these drugs just to survive are having an almost impossible time getting prescriptions. No easy answers.
Yeah because of pill mills hydrocodone with acetaminophen was moved to Schedule II requiring triplicate prescriptions and no refills. Many people can't seem to use these medications properly so people who need it for real pain have a harder time getting it. Also, the tightened rules are compelling people to move to street narcotics.

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

rotor wrote:
Many of the "side effects" have been predicted. We now have the DEA and insurance companies dictating how physicians should and can treat their patients. :banghead:

Many doctors are afraid to prescribe the proper type and dose of pain medications because they fear getting targeted, investigated and losing their medical licenses.
NRA Endowment Member

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

rotor wrote:The autopsy will show.
Autopsy for prince but not for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia? What a twisted world we live in.

TomsTXCHL

Post by TomsTXCHL »

WildBill wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:

Stories have surfaced that he had been using narcotics for his chronic hip pain for many years.

I am not suggested that he used illegal or "street" drugs or that he took them recreationally.

When different types of drugs and dosages are mixed, sometimes the results can be fatal. It is called polypharmacy.

As others have said, the autopsy results will determine the cause of death.
Sorry, I misunderstood you.

I'd not read those reports but can well imagine, given the incredible physical performances the man gave, that at 57 he has to have been hurting from years of pushing himself to the physical limits.

My only drugs are baby aspirin and Glucosamine/Chondroitin. ;-)

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroo »

I wasn't really ever a Prince fan but used to know a guy in Minneapolis who made custom guitars. Prince had a couple of his guitars.

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:I have to say, I'm seriously impressed with his guitar chops - he could shred! :o
The George Harrison tribute at the 2004 Hall of Fame was very interesting to see guys like Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty strumming
their guitars and then Prince, who had no connection with George Harrison, pulling out all of the stops and blowing them away. :mrgreen:
I have read that during the rehearsals of the song, Prince held back, so nobody knew actually what he was going to do until the actual performance.

Just for you AndyC :biggrinjester:

NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WildBill

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:I like my symbol more :p
What about this one? ;-)

NRA Endowment Member

Return to “Off-Topic”