Man tries to commit suicide with flare gun, shooting himself in the head 3 times!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Man tries to commit suicide with flare gun, shooting himself in the head 3 times!

Post by Syntyr »

Okay... Let me start off first by saying I feel for the guy and his family but what kind of position must you be in to think that shooting yourself in the head 3 times with a flare gun is the best way to relieve your pain???
Just wow...

Husband of author Monica Wood was rescued from his burning truck after 'shooting himself in the head three times with a flare gun'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-gun.html
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

GlockBrandGlock

Re: Man tries to commit suicide with flare gun, shooting himself in the head 3 times!

Post by GlockBrandGlock »

Syntyr wrote:what kind of position must you be in to think that shooting yourself in the head 3 times with a flare gun is the best way to relieve your pain???
Probably the same position to consider suicide in general. Except it seems like it was more spur of the moment and not planned.

Truly sad situation overall. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and this is a wake-up call.
Current glocks (non-glock brand glocks):
  • Springfield XD-9 SC
    Shield 9mm
    Walther P22

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Man tries to commit suicide with flare gun, shooting himself in the head 3 times!

Post by Lena »

We used to have an incident report on a suicide , male shot 2 times in head with Winchester 37 12 GA, for those not familiar they are a break open single shot !
2 empty cases found on the scene.
Stay Safe

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

20 years as a Texas Certified Paramedic and my best response to this is OUCH I bet that hurt
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Lena wrote:We used to have an incident report on a suicide , male shot 2 times in head with Winchester 37 12 GA, for those not familiar they are a break open single shot !
Shooting themselves in the head and not checking out... Must not be hitting anything vital.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:
Lena wrote:We used to have an incident report on a suicide , male shot 2 times in head with Winchester 37 12 GA, for those not familiar they are a break open single shot !
Shooting themselves in the head and not checking out... Must not be hitting anything vital.
I think that he wasn't thinking straight. I hope he gets some help.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:"Smoke..... on the water..."
You are going above my head AndyC.
NRA Endowment Member

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

WildBill wrote:
Not all is as it appears.

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

The shooting I described happened in a County east of Dallas some years ago, it was ruled suicide on paper but a murder surely happened almost beyond any doubt, 2 distinct wounds 1 on each side of head, either would have been fatal.
One that I personally saw was a "gunshot wound". The entrance through a car door hit the persons mid section and exited the other door entrance and exit holes were about 5" diameter, yes 5 inches, maybe 6! This happened at the Belt Line drive in theater. Rules just a gunshot wound. Projectile never located. Never solved.
Stay Safe

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

Lena wrote:The shooting I described happened in a County east of Dallas some years ago, it was ruled suicide on paper but a murder surely happened almost beyond any doubt, 2 distinct wounds 1 on each side of head, either would have been fatal.
One that I personally saw was a "gunshot wound". The entrance through a car door hit the persons mid section and exited the other door entrance and exit holes were about 5" diameter, yes 5 inches, maybe 6! This happened at the Belt Line drive in theater. Rules just a gunshot wound. Projectile never located. Never solved.
Must of been a 45 :biggrinjester:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

WildBill wrote:
To be fair, it's pretty deep...
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

AndyC wrote:And here I thought "Smoke on the Water" would be an instantaneously-recognizable classic :lol:
Well, it did happen over in Europe somewhere. Maybe some people didn't hear about it.

Return to “Off-Topic”