California Senate approves sweeping gun-control

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: California Senate approves sweeping gun-control

Post by Syntyr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:In any case, I contacted my friend yesterday, and he told me he had already shipped all but one of his standard capacity magazines back to Texas (where he's from) for storage except one, which he is prepared to turn in for destruction if necessary.
See and here is the problem! Not attacking your friend TAM but this is what is going to happen. Bit By Bit California will pass laws taking away this or that part of our rights. People are just going to roll over and take it. They will do what the need to in order to avoid or comply with the law(s). Pretty soon those laws will either go national or spread westward. I fear we are lost. We are past the point that a stand needs to be taken and I think we no longer have the moral courage and temerity to take action in order to stop this.

I fear we are done for.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Steve

Post by Steve »

Wow, not a good place to live for lovers of the second amendment.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Ruark wrote:
Solaris wrote:California was once one of the coolest states in the union. In less than 50 years, it is one of the worst.
Yes. I lived in CA about 60 years ago when I was a kid, not too far from Yosemite, and we still travel out there every few years. It used to be such a magical place, with jaw-dropping natural beauty, from Death Valley to Sequoia. I remember being in high school and all the "sunny summer" California music from the Beach Boys, et. al. Now you can't even burn wood in your fireplace (in fact, builders are not allowed to build houses with fireplaces), and neighbors can call in reports when they see smoke coming out of a chimney, which will bring local enforcers out with a $500+ ticket.

Now there are not only these restrictive laws against self-protection, but the whole state is overrun with gang violence, in some towns so bad people don't even leave their homes after dark. I remember stopping at a roadside park near Sacramento one time. It looked nice, but we got in there and everything was plastered with MS-13 graffiti. And of course, its economic problems are legendary. Sad for a place called "The Golden State," which it once was.
^^^^^^^^^^^
We lived in 'Tarzana' for awhile in the early 60's. California was indeed a great State back then. Now....I have a grown Daughter who is 'Travel Nursing' in Kali. She is about to grow tired of it. When she was in SanFran, she got a $100.00 ticket because about 8" of the bumper of her truck (pulled as far up into her driveway as was possible) was hanging over the public sidewalk. A violation out there. :roll:

She left here with a Texas LTC, a 9mm carry pistol, a .380 micro pistol and a tactical 12 ga. shotgun, several knives and some pepper spray. Of course, they are pretty much worthless to her out there. So many regulations....they border on being a liability.

She has voiced her displeasure about many things unique to Kali. Just TOO different for a Texas Girl....born and raised. She's looking at going to Colorado (mostly former Californians now) for awhile... then coming back home.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 5

Re: California Senate approves sweeping gun-contro

Post by JALLEN »

C-dub wrote:
JALLEN wrote:That is certainly a novel, and imaginative, explanation.

In 40 years as a lawyer, in CA by coincidence, I never once ran across a theory that a "sale" could be only of serialized merchandise, or traceable transactions.

I am informed that Californians sell all sorts of goods, or think they do, maybe even including South American agricultural imports in what they hope are untraceable transactions. A man in my former neighborhood was apparently a large scale importer and seller of these unserialized, untraceable products and is in jail still.
Oh, I could certainly be wrong. I was only theorizing that the prohibition on sales was a commercial thing, but not because of the lack of serial numbers. That part of my thinking was separate in the application because there would no way for any authority to track any particular magazine due to the lack of a serial number.
These guys are serious about this stuff. There have been a number of firearms related criminal cases where the DOJ expert witnesses turn out to be ignorant buffoons, trying to justify charges that never should have been brought in the first place.

They believe this stops Julio from selling to Jose in the barrio, but they don't realize that Julio and Jose and the rest of the gang bangers don't give a flying flip about their stupid rules, or getting caught.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: California Senate approves sweeping gun-contro

Post by NotRPB »

JALLEN wrote:
C-dub wrote:
JALLEN wrote:That is certainly a novel, and imaginative, explanation.

In 40 years as a lawyer, in CA by coincidence, I never once ran across a theory that a "sale" could be only of serialized merchandise, or traceable transactions.

I am informed that Californians sell all sorts of goods, or think they do, maybe even including South American agricultural imports in what they hope are untraceable transactions. A man in my former neighborhood was apparently a large scale importer and seller of these unserialized, untraceable products and is in jail still.
Oh, I could certainly be wrong. I was only theorizing that the prohibition on sales was a commercial thing, but not because of the lack of serial numbers. That part of my thinking was separate in the application because there would no way for any authority to track any particular magazine due to the lack of a serial number.
These guys are serious about this stuff. There have been a number of firearms related criminal cases where the DOJ expert witnesses turn out to be ignorant buffoons, trying to justify charges that never should have been brought in the first place.

They believe this stops Julio from selling to Jose in the barrio, but they don't realize that Julio and Jose and the rest of the gang bangers don't give a flying flip about their stupid rules,
or getting caught.
Well, as long as Julio runs background checks on Jose like he is supposed to ... I mean they do right? :confused5 :shock:

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

When we left Lake City, CO in '09, we headed in a NW direction and eventually crossed Kalifornia from Susanville to Crescent City on the coast. Beautiful country with real people. You can have the rest of that place.

Return to “Off-Topic”