Found Pup, Killeen Please help.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 4

Found Pup, Killeen Please help.

Post by E.Marquez »

Evening gang.

I stopped by my range tonight after coming back from Austin and had a lost pup "find" me....Anybody in the Killeen area know of somebody missing a small tan dog? Anyone in the Killeen Area, if you could share this I would be grateful for the assist.
IMG_5625.JPG
Little muddy and wet found at East Veterans Memorial and Rio Boulevard (Found at 1358 Rio Blvd and Dogwood Blvd.)
Female
Not underweight, doesn't appear to be injured not starving because she didn't want any cheese crackers I had on hand or Gatorade.
Killeen locals or anyone that has friends here please share this post let's see if we can find this little girl's home come Monday morning she's got to go to the shelter I'd much rather put her back in her owner's hands

Open door to the truck and she jumped right in behind me
13227066_10209625057756829_7408770156063135408_n[1].jpg
Attachments
13245421_10209624837871332_8850417367721992036_n[1].jpg
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
E.Marquez

Re: Found Pup, Killeen Please help.

Post by E.Marquez »

She got a bath when I got her home, very little dirt, not oily or "doggy" at all. Nails are a little long, but not seriously so. no fleas or ticks I could find,,,and only a moderate amount of the the little round stickers found in grass/weeds. She's happy in a crate as long as the bedroom door is open.
Two 90lb dogs did not cause her to get upset of timid... we let her roam free for a bit and other than wanting to sniff everything was indifferent to the big girls.

I'll take her to my vet on Monday and see if she is chipped... ...
The no collar and found at the end of a road where it turns to dirt, off the beaten path...in Killeen, makes me think dumped, not lost. I can't say on this forum what that brings to mind.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

You say a little muddy, were there thunderstorms in the area previous night? Possibly a loud thunderclap from nearby lightning strike could have scared off too. We lost a doberman that way... sadly, he had rabies tags from local vet, and they didn't bother to call the vet to find owner. In our case the lightning strike took out a tree about < 30 yds from the dog.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

loktite wrote:You say a little muddy, were there thunderstorms in the area previous night? Possibly a loud thunderclap from nearby lightning strike could have scared off too. We lost a doberman that way... sadly, he had rabies tags from local vet, and they didn't bother to call the vet to find owner. In our case the lightning strike took out a tree about < 30 yds from the dog.
There was weather a day or two before she was found...and lost of still wet muddy areas she was found at. I do not think she was on her own very long, general condition, complete lack of hunger or thirst. I went door to door at the only housing area near.,, a trailer park.
What an exercise in self restraint that was.... :totap: some very unhelpful, unhappy and unpleasant folks were engaged in what should have been a bit of pleasent, quick conversation.
Anyway, no one knew the girl.

With the location she was found, the fact she was very human frendly, needy and immedieaty wanted to be at my side evey second, to the point she followed my truck into the range Image
No collar, no one in the only reasonable area she could have come from knows her Im afraid she was dumped.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

E.Marquez wrote:
loktite wrote:You say a little muddy, were there thunderstorms in the area previous night? Possibly a loud thunderclap from nearby lightning strike could have scared off too. We lost a doberman that way... sadly, he had rabies tags from local vet, and they didn't bother to call the vet to find owner. In our case the lightning strike took out a tree about < 30 yds from the dog.
There was weather a day or two before she was found...and lost of still wet muddy areas she was found at. I do not think she was on her own very long, general condition, complete lack of hunger or thirst. I went door to door at the only housing area near.,, a trailer park.
What an exercise in self restraint that was.... :totap: some very unhelpful, unhappy and unpleasant folks were engaged in what should have been a bit of pleasent, quick conversation.
Anyway, no one knew the girl.

With the location she was found, the fact she was very human frendly, needy and immedieaty wanted to be at my side evey second, to the point she followed my truck into the range Image
No collar, no one in the only reasonable area she could have come from knows her Im afraid she was dumped.
You probably spoke to one of the owners.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

She looks like a Lhasa Apso mix, and that is a similar way to how I found out first one of those. Great loyal little dogs with a Ton of personality. She will quickly assume Alpha female of your current pack if you end up keeping her. I took ours to the vet and ended up having to treat for heart worms, but we got 7 more fun filled years with him before he went to the Rainbow Bridge.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

Take her to a vet or animal control and see if she is chipped.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

The Wall wrote:Take her to a vet or animal control and see if she is chipped.
That's the plan, I'll take her to my vet in the morning check for chip and a check up..I don't think we will be keeping her long term, but as she and the big girls are getting along I may not take her to the shelter right away.

Return to “Off-Topic”