Foreign trade zone

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
D254
Posts in topic: 1

Foreign trade zone

Post by D254 »

work in a foreign trade zone area in Texas somewhere. they recently told us weapons are not allowed on site even in or own vehicles. can they do this ?

OldCurlyWolf

Re: Foreign trade zone

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

D254 wrote:work in a foreign trade zone area in Texas somewhere. they recently told us weapons are not allowed on site even in or own vehicles. can they do this ?
Yes.
FTZ comes under Federal Rules, Not State.

:mad5

However if your vehicle is parked outside the zone, then it falls under state laws.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
D254 wrote:work in a foreign trade zone area in Texas somewhere. they recently told us weapons are not allowed on site even in or own vehicles. can they do this ?
Yes.
FTZ comes under Federal Rules, Not State.

:mad5

However if your vehicle is parked outside the zone, then it falls under state laws.
:iagree: There's a FTZ out at DFW airport that I went to daily when I was in the freight forwarding business out at the airport. It falls under federal regulations & guidelines.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Is a FTZ owned by the Federal government or is it the secure area of an airport? If not, what is the federal statute regarding firearms in a FTZ?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

joe817

Post by joe817 »

ScottDLS wrote:Is a FTZ owned by the Federal government or is it the secure area of an airport? If not, what is the federal statute regarding firearms in a FTZ?
No, it's not owned by the federal government:

COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
U.S. Foreign Trade Zones

The Foreign-Trade Zones Act of 1934

Encourages employment and capital investment

Flexible application of U.S. Customs rules for U.S. businesses involved in international trade

Administered by Foreign -Trade Zones Board, under the U.S. Dept. of Commerce The FTZ Board:

Gives privilege to FTZ Grantee to establish, operate, and maintain FTZs

Approves applications for companies setting up FTZs

Authorizes specific manufacturing activity allowed in FTZs

FTZ activity is supervised by U.S. Customs and Border Protection

https://www.dfwairport.com/cs/groups/pu ... 098456.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-t ... ted_States
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

I worked in 2 ftz companies the area that was ftz was taped off or painted off, just part of the Warehouse.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

joe817 wrote:
ScottDLS wrote:Is a FTZ owned by the Federal government or is it the secure area of an airport? If not, what is the federal statute regarding firearms in a FTZ?

COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
U.S. Foreign Trade Zones

The Foreign-Trade Zones Act of 1934

Encourages employment and capital investment

Flexible application of U.S. Customs rules for U.S. businesses involved in international trade

Administered by Foreign -Trade Zones Board, under the U.S. Dept. of Commerce The FTZ Board:

Gives privilege to FTZ Grantee to establish, operate, and maintain FTZs

Approves applications for companies setting up FTZs

Authorizes specific manufacturing activity allowed in FTZs

FTZ activity is supervised by U.S. Customs and Border Protection

https://www.dfwairport.com/cs/groups/pu ... 098456.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-t ... ted_States
Right and what is the USC criminal code (Title 18) statute that you'll be charged under for having a gun in your car in a FTZ, or on your person for that matter?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

joe817

Post by joe817 »

ScottDLS wrote:
joe817 wrote:

Right and what is the USC criminal code (Title 18) statute that you'll be charged under for having a gun in your car in a FTZ, or on your person for that matter?
Gosh, you tell me! You are much better versed at finding laws than I am! Besides I have no need to know. I don't plan on ever stepping into a FTZ again for the rest of my life. Besides that, I really don't care. ;-)
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I don't think there is any law preventing you from carrying in a FTZ unless the owner posts a 30.06/7. So to OP I say whoever said so is blowing smoke.

Return to “Off-Topic”