France suffers another attack.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Re: France suffers another attack.

Post by Skiprr »

flowrie wrote:Fox News reporting an Austin area dad and his 11 year old son were killed in Nice.
Identified as Sean Copeland and his son Brodie (http://abc13.com/1427889/). Sean's niece Heather Copeland tweeted photos of the father and son, saying they had been on vacation and had been lost.

The death toll is now 84. The attacker was identified as 31-year-old Tunisian-born Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel: married, three children, dual French-Tunisian citizenship, hometown Msaken, Tunisia.

In a remarkable and sad display of heroism, a German journalist who witnessed the attack said that he saw a motorcyclist chase the truck, reach the driver's-side door, and attempt to open it. But he was unseated, fell, and went under the truck's wheels.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I am appalled that our friends, the hoplophobe Progressives, haven't called for bans on high capacity rolling conveyances. Look what they are capable of in the hands of a mad-man. We don't want to ban all trucks, of course -- only assault trucks. If you like your truck, you can keep your truck. At the very least, it is common sense to keep instruments of such destruction out of the hands of people with criminal thoughts. Let's draft bureaucratic regulations that bypass due process to ensure that only "safe" people have trucks, then we'll go after the assault trucks.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Islamic terrorists now demonstrating that even if you take away all the guns, they will still find ways to terrorize and commit mass murder.

Another prime example of why United States citizens have and should continue to have the right to bear MSR's with lots of ammo.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

DocV

Post by DocV »

We really should figure out what is necessary to the security of a free State...

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JALLEN »

The driver had guns and grenades, etc.

We were in Nice for Bastille Day some years ago. The Promenade des Anglais is packed, especially when the fireworks are over and everyone gets up and heads for the bars and hotels.

The police, on foot or in those little spam can cars, can do nothing to stop it, except shoot, and what if it is a delivery truck with a stuck accelerator?

I wonder what it will take before the west rises up and says "no more!"

I really thought 9/11 would have done that, and it looked for a time like it had, but here we are.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Liberty wrote:The crowd was described as being shoulder to shoulder. Why would people allow themselves to be in such large crowds and get packed so tightly. I never understood why people will intentionally go into packed venues like professional sports and crowded niightclubs, where they are packed like sardines to get bumped around with strangers.
Yeah, I feel the same way about large cities... Puts too much at risk from one natural disaster...

In any case, the answer is because *not* doing that is "living in fear" and/or "letting the terrorists win".
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

10 children are among the dead. 54 children are injured. I assume injured does not mean a scrape on the knee, but horrible things that would be censored on this site.

Apparently ISIS has a news magazine and is lauding this latest attack.

I'm not a brilliant guy, but if I really wanted to stop ISIS, they would not have a news magazine.

I can only assume that the leaders in charge of the Western world, don't want to stop ISIS, and must benefit from this sort of terror.

What other conclusion can I draw.

The drivers name was Mohamed.

Vote in November.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

"Given the goals of rogue states and terrorists, the United States can no longer solely rely on a reactive posture as we have in the past. The inability to deter a potential attacker, the immediacy of today's threats, and the magnitude of potential harm that could be caused by our adversaries' choice of weapons, do not permit that option. We cannot let our enemies strike first....Traditional concepts of deterrence will not work against a terrorist enemy whose avowed tactics are wanton destruction and the targeting of innocents; whose so-called soldiers seek martyrdom in death and whose most potent protection is statelessness."---G.W. Bush :patriot:

Many Mid Eastern countries turn a blind eye to terrorism because it conveniently distracts the citizens from corruption of its government - a government that also nurtures the concept that it's the west that is responsible for the people's misery.

All countries must be held responsible for acts of war its citizens plan & implement within its borders. When the U.S. was bombed by people of Japan, the U.S. aggressively responded and lasting peace resulted. What has happened since then for the U.S. to stop putting its citizens first? Simply, American government has sold itself to special interests.

Our leadership is no longer in the business of governing - it's in the business of self-enrichment.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Sean was one of my two bosses at my previous employer. Lovely family and great Texans. RIP and prayers of safe passage for Sean and Brandon into the arms of the Lord. :(

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

DocV wrote:We really should figure out what is necessary to the security of a free State...
We know the answer. The issue is when will it be effectively employed.
~Unknown

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Middle Age Russ wrote:I am appalled that our friends, the hoplophobe Progressives, haven't called for bans on high capacity rolling conveyances. Look what they are capable of in the hands of a mad-man. We don't want to ban all trucks, of course -- only assault trucks. If you like your truck, you can keep your truck. At the very least, it is common sense to keep instruments of such destruction out of the hands of people with criminal thoughts. Let's draft bureaucratic regulations that bypass due process to ensure that only "safe" people have trucks, then we'll go after the assault trucks.
No fly - No drive!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Sean was one of my two bosses at my previous employer. Lovely family and great Texans. RIP and prayers of safe passage for Sean and Brandon into the arms of the Lord. :(
It's becoming all too common for us to be personally affected by acts of terrorism.

Victor Lovelady graduated HS with my brother.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... escue.html
Last edited by Jim Beaux on Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Unknown

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Jim Beaux wrote:
Redneck_Buddha wrote:Sean was one of my two bosses at my previous employer. Lovely family and great Texans. RIP and prayers of safe passage for Sean and Brandon into the arms of the Lord. :(
It's becoming all too common for us to be personally effected by acts of terrorism.

Victor Lovelady graduated HS with my brother.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... escue.html
Every one of these seems to hit closer and closer to home.

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

My liberal Facebook friends are being unusually quiet this morning. If they post anything, it's about how horrible Trump is.

Their avoidance of any thing about the tragedy yesterday is deafening.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

philip964,

Why do you think liberals are unwilling to discuss this most recent Islamic terrorism?

Return to “Off-Topic”