Selling Guns On An On-Line Auction

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 1

Selling Guns On An On-Line Auction

Post by Crash »

I've been told that it's OK to sell a gun or two occasionally on GunBroker, but if you sell a lot of them or sell frequently, you will probably need an FFL and will have to collect sales tax. Two guys I know are try to sell their Dad's gun collection (21 guns) and they would like to sell them all at once. I think a better way would be to sell them at a gun show, although you might not get as much for them.

Andy recommendations?

Thanks,

Crash

parabelum

Re: Selling Guns On An On-Line Auction

Post by parabelum »

I've sold on GB and tgt for years. There is no such thing as "sell frequently" clause. What is "frequently" defined as?

Nah. Just make sure that unless you're selling an antique, gun goes to a FFL. Same with purchasing any gun other then antique. Make sure that it goes through FFL.

For FTF transaction with private party in Texas, as long as they have a valid TX DL (I prefer chl), life is good. No FFL needed.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

no issues selling on GunBroker as long as your are not trying to make a living out of selling firearms.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

Crash wrote:I've been told that it's OK to sell a gun or two occasionally on GunBroker, but if you sell a lot of them or sell frequently, you will probably need an FFL and will have to collect sales tax. Two guys I know are try to sell their Dad's gun collection (21 guns) and they would like to sell them all at once. I think a better way would be to sell them at a gun show, although you might not get as much for them.

Andy recommendations?

Thanks,

Crash
It's perfectly fine to sell off a collection like that through GunBroker, without having an FFL.

And no sales tax collecting is required.

One thing I will advise: Only take payment by USPS Money Order. Don't accept other checks.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

OldCannon wrote:It's perfectly fine to sell off a collection like that through GunBroker, without having an FFL.
Unless, of course, the buyer is out of state. Then you still have to go through an FFL.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

C-dub wrote:
OldCannon wrote:It's perfectly fine to sell off a collection like that through GunBroker, without having an FFL.
Unless, of course, the buyer is out of state. Then you still have to go through an FFL.
Delivery is best through FFL. Pay that $20 or $10 (LTC discount) and sleep well.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”