TX: Walmart sued for selling 60 aerosol cans to woman-weirdest thing you will read today

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Walmart sued for selling 60 aerosol cans to woman-weirdest thing you will read today

Post by LucasMcCain »

Ryan wrote:It's usually the spray you use to clean your keyboards and stuff. I think one of the brand names is "Duster"

I only know because I knew a person who got really hooked on that stuff. It's really scary. It's also known as "hippie crack" although not to be confused with nitrous oxide... the other hippie crack.

I won't link anything, but all you need to do is search youtube for hippie crack or huffing duster and can see just how bad it is.
Seriously? I always thought it was just compressed air. A little googling and a wikipedia read later, I stand corrected. I had a good laugh with the checker the last time I was carded for buying the stuff. We both said "how could you abuse canned air?" Well, ya learn something new every day.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

WildBill

Re: TX: Walmart sued for selling 60 aerosol cans to woman-weirdest thing you will read today

Post by WildBill »

LucasMcCain wrote:
Ryan wrote:It's usually the spray you use to clean your keyboards and stuff. I think one of the brand names is "Duster"

I only know because I knew a person who got really hooked on that stuff. It's really scary. It's also known as "hippie crack" although not to be confused with nitrous oxide... the other hippie crack.

I won't link anything, but all you need to do is search youtube for hippie crack or huffing duster and can see just how bad it is.
Seriously? I always thought it was just compressed air. A little googling and a wikipedia read later, I stand corrected. I had a good laugh with the checker the last time I was carded for buying the stuff. We both said "how could you abuse canned air?" Well, ya learn something new every day.
A lot of people are confused about this. I first realized this when a lab technician asked me to buy a couple of cans to clean some of the equipment at work.

When I checked the catalog of our safety equipment supplier I saw that the shipping fees cost more than the canisters. They were classified as hazardous.

At first I thought it was because of the pressure, but I starting reading the ingredients. If you think about it, it's pretty obvious that the thin metal cylinders can't hold much air pressure.
NRA Endowment Member

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LAYGO »

If you've ever seen the show Intervention, there were several episodes about it, but this was the first:

The follow up:
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

WildBill wrote:
LucasMcCain wrote:

A lot of people are confused about this. I first realized this when a lab technician asked me to buy a couple of cans to clean some of the equipment at work.

When I checked the catalog of our safety equipment supplier I saw that the shipping fees cost more than the canisters. They were classified as hazardous.

At first I thought it was because of the pressure, but I starting reading the ingredients. If you think about it, it's pretty obvious that the thin metal cylinders can't hold much air pressure.

It's absolutely amazing to me the things people will ingest to try and get some kind of high. There was an instance in my home town many many years ago of a guy who was on top of his roof huffing paint. He blacked out, rolled off the roof, and broke his neck... dying instantly. I don't know how they do it. I can't even be around gasoline, paint, nail polish remover, hair dyes, or many other noxious fumes for very long before I feel like puking everywhere.

Return to “Off-Topic”