BLM vow to shut Houston down if ALL demands are not met!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

BLM vow to shut Houston down if ALL demands are not met!

Post by TreyHouston »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/next- ... -justiceSo today the BLM group disrupted houston Mayor meeting. They are calling for LEOs body cams to run the entire time they are on duty and IF there is a LEO shooting that the video is releaced within 24 hours. If the mayor and police do not comply they will shut down the city, it also refers to shutting down the Super Bowl.

http://abc13.com/news/activists-interru ... e/1454418/

Today BLM also call for more tax payer investment in black communities, more reparations and a change to tax laws
http://www.click2houston.com/news/next- ... ic-justice

It gets better!!
UH student VP get suspended from duties for tweeting: Forget #BlackLivesMatter how about #AllLivesMatter
http://www.click2houston.com/news/uh-sg ... atter-post

I am speechless. Is this going to be a new polical party or terrorist organization??
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Re: BLM vow to shut Houston down if ALL demands are not met!

Post by AJSully421 »

I have a demand...

How about everyone in their community stop breaking the law: stop carrying handguns unless you have a license, stop pointing guns at others, stop running from the police, stop robbing and looting, stop "jugging" people coming home from the bank or the mall...

If all of you will stop doing all of this, then the cops will have absolutely no reason to be shooting folks.

It really is that easy.

I have zero fear of being shot by the police... want to guess why? No, not because I am white... because I follow the law.
Last edited by AJSully421 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Nope, you got it wrong again! Acording to BLM, give reparations, tax breaks, and tax dollars, allow BLM to access a live feed of LEOs cameras .... Wait where am I going with this.....
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJSully421 »

And another thing... we could pump a billion dollars in the "black community", but what would we get for it? Seriously... I was at TCU and had several athletes in my classes. Two, in particular, could not care less about the academics of college, or the opportunity that they could have if they took advantage of it. They were handed, for free, the EXACT SAME opportunity that I was paying tens of thousands for, and they tossed it aside.

Call me racist, but there is no amount of money that is going to pump individual accountability, financial responsibility, and work ethic into a community that has been mostly devoid of these things for 2-3 generations now.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

funny thing about that is that in almost all the recent mixed race shootings- the body cams have exonerated the LEOs.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Where is Sheila Jackson Lee? Shouldn't she be reaching out to her people and calming the seas of distrust, racism and lawlessness?

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

"And another thing... we could pump a billion dollars in the "black community", but what would we get for it? "

This country has had a war on poverty for the past 50 years and what has it gotten us, Nothing! The bible says "the poor will always be with you" (my last reference to the bible) There is a certain segment of society that cannot be helped. The Guberment has laws against feeding the bears in the national parks because they become 'dependent' then they do the same to their own people.

Once the people have the taste of free anything they have been ruined for life. We now have 3-4 generations of this type of people. This is not limited to a certain race either. When we pay women to bear babies they figure out that more babies = more money. They do not actually have to spend the money on the children. I am sure you have all see the video of the mother that points to her 17 children and says "SOMEONE has to pay for all these kids."

We have the richest POOR in America vs. the rest of the world!!!

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

JerryK wrote:"And another thing... we could pump a billion dollars in the "black community", but what would we get for it? "

This country has had a war on poverty for the past 50 years and what has it gotten us, Nothing! The bible says "the poor will always be with you" (my last reference to the bible) There is a certain segment of society that cannot be helped. The Guberment has laws against feeding the bears in the national parks because they become 'dependent' then they do the same to their own people.

Once the people have the taste of free anything they have been ruined for life. We now have 3-4 generations of this type of people. This is not limited to a certain race either. When we pay women to bear babies they figure out that more babies = more money. They do not actually have to spend the money on the children. I am sure you have all see the video of the mother that points to her 17 children and says "SOMEONE has to pay for all these kids."

We have the richest POOR in America vs. the rest of the world!!!
:iagree: This pretty much says it all; except, the welfare recipients vote and that is another argument for congressional and federal judge TERM LIMITS.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Oldgringo wrote:Where is Sheila Jackson Lee? Shouldn't she be reaching out to her people and calming the seas of distrust, racism and lawlessness?
That is our new Mayors job. I'm sure he is delighted at the prospects of dealing with this group. After 20 years of running for Mayor, he gets the job just as BLM organizes in Houston to make him look bad. Maybe Quanel X will bail him out.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

AJSully421 and JerryK, you hit the nail on the head.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Why do white people always have to make it about race....oh yeah, I forgot...BLM did it... :banghead:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

BLM is the black equivalent of the KKK.

Expect nothing but hate from them.

Their agenda: They should be allowed to be criminals whenever they chose without police repercussion. If they get that wish, then on to reparation, a euphemism for extortion.

Ultimately, they want to create their own nation.

I'd like to see that done in some other land, like Africa, (they are after all mostly so-called African-Americans) and sit back and laugh and laugh and laugh at how well that would go.

It wouldn't. It'd collapse immediately as takers not doers don't thrive...

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

The lofty goals (as publicized) of the war on poverty were subverted -- or perhaps the real goals were realized, depending on your view of history -- as career politicians realized the welfare programs instituted would create a ready supply of voting Government dependents. As OldGringo said, the first steps toward getting things back on track is instituting term limits for the Legislature and Judiciary. I'd also add, downsizing the bureaucracy dramatically and changing welfare programs so that they don't end up being "career" choices for anyone.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Before I get silly, let me stress my shock at the unprosecuted terroristic threats heard at BLM marches. There is no justification for chanting threats to police officers (while the chanters expect and demand police protection). Let me also express my disgust with the anti-intellectual closed-mindedness of racism.

That said, maybe BLM makes some points.

Reparations might be a great thing. I've got plans on how to spend my share. But I've gotten worried. Probably nothing to it, I'm probably borrowing trouble.

As Cleavon Little famously admitted in Blazing Saddles, my grandmother may have been Dutch. I'm half German. My Dad's family is from Wales. My wife descends from prominent Civil War ancestry including a Confederate General. Her family bought the Mclean house, where the Civil War surrender was signed, and lived there for 20 years or so post-hostilities.

All of which woke me with a start last night, just as I was dreaming of spending my reparations on schnitzel at Oktoberfest while vacationing in Bavaria.

What if I'm not black enough? I've already budgeted my share, I'll be ruined if my reparations don't come through!

Return to “Off-Topic”