Obama Commutes Terms for More Prisoners in 1 Day than any POTUS in 100 Years

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Obama Commutes Terms for More Prisoners in 1 Day than any POTUS in 100 Years

Post by mojo84 »

Wait until closer to time for him to leave office. I bet he'll have our heads spinning.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Surgeon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obama Commutes Terms for More Prisoners in 1 Day than any POTUS in 100 Years

Post by Surgeon »

I guess its safe to say that now his boyhood "Choom Gang" can schedule their reunion. Obamalamadingdong....keeping us all safer by releasing criminals. Who knows, with this line of reasoning, an alcoholic will actually be able to drink themselves to sobriety.
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

If you are in to irony (not "funny") here you go.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... dPresident

Obama Commutes 214 Criminal Sentences, Including Firearm Offenses

The White House is arguing these individuals were granted clemency for "non-violent" drug offenses, however it is important to point out a number of individuals were also serving time for violating federal firearms laws.

Earlier this year, President Obama granted clemency to 61 individuals. Twelve of them were serving time for the illegal use of a firearm during the commission of a drug trafficking crime.
You can make your own conclusions.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Why am I not surprised?

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

WFAA published 9 names of North Texans being released. 4 of them also had weapons charges included in
their "non-violent" crimes. You know, felon in possession, unregistered(?) firearm, possession during commission
of drug crime.....
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

jahasty

Post by jahasty »

One of those right wing stories with some, but not all, truth. POTUS is commuting sentences of people convicted under old laws that have been found to be too harsh. Some low level drug convictions got life terms. Under today's laws, passed by Congress, that would not happen. So they are getting commutations if they have served what the new law says is appropriate. But he has also pardoned a lot of "financial fraud" convicts. That I find disturbing.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jahasty wrote:One of those right wing stories with some, but not all, truth. POTUS is commuting sentences of people convicted under old laws that have been found to be too harsh. Some low level drug convictions got life terms. Under today's laws, passed by Congress, that would not happen. So they are getting commutations if they have served what the new law says is appropriate. But he has also pardoned a lot of "financial fraud" convicts. That I find disturbing.
So, you consider crimes involving firearms as non-violent and you are ok with them being pardoned?

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

mojo84 wrote:If you are in to irony (not "funny") here you go.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... dPresident

Obama Commutes 214 Criminal Sentences, Including Firearm Offenses

The White House is arguing these individuals were granted clemency for "non-violent" drug offenses, however it is important to point out a number of individuals were also serving time for violating federal firearms laws.

Earlier this year, President Obama granted clemency to 61 individuals. Twelve of them were serving time for the illegal use of a firearm during the commission of a drug trafficking crime.
You can make your own conclusions.
Obama loves him some "gun violence". He is chomping at the bit for fresh blood in the gun debate. He knows that the MSM would ignore that fact that it was one of his commutes if, heaven forbid, one of these felons does end up shooting someone after they are released.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

karder

Post by karder »

The Obama administration keeps noting that "most" of these felons being released have committed "non-violent" crimes. Notice "most". Obama seems to feel that as long as a crime in non-violent, we shouldn't prosecute or punish it. Bernie Madoff did not commit a violent crime, why not let him out? Tax evasion is not a violent crime, I suppose Obama would understand if I decided not to pay anymore taxes. To this administration, the only crime that should be prosecuted is resistance to their agenda.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

mojo84 wrote:
jahasty wrote:One of those right wing stories with some, but not all, truth. POTUS is commuting sentences of people convicted under old laws that have been found to be too harsh. Some low level drug convictions got life terms. Under today's laws, passed by Congress, that would not happen. So they are getting commutations if they have served what the new law says is appropriate. But he has also pardoned a lot of "financial fraud" convicts. That I find disturbing.
So, you consider crimes involving firearms as non-violent and you are ok with them being pardoned?
Did their crime involve them using the firearm or was it just in the commission of said crime and they happen to have a weapon ? Because being charged w/ a weapon possession as an add on charge isn't that far of a stretch. I haven't looked into their cases, just making the point that non-violent drug charges and gun charges together don't equal violence IMO.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Pariah3j wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Did their crime involve them using the firearm or was it just in the commission of said crime and they happen to have a weapon ? Because being charged w/ a weapon possession as an add on charge isn't that far of a stretch. I haven't looked into their cases, just making the point that non-violent drug charges and gun charges together don't equal violence IMO.

I see your point but believe a person dealing drugs and carrying a gun is prepared for violence. Therefore, I see them as a violent criminal. There are many, including the sheriff quoted in the article sees them as violent criminals also.

Your opinion may differ but that won't change mine.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

mojo84 wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

I see your point but believe a person dealing drugs and carrying a gun is prepared for violence. Therefore, I see them as a violent criminal. There are many, including the sheriff quoted in the article sees them as violent criminals also.

Your opinion may differ but that won't change mine.
Not trying to change your opinion per se, more just trying to offer up an additional view. I don't agree with Obama or the Democrats agenda one bit - but I do believe there are some things we as a country have gotten wrong, like the war on drugs. Commuting sentences for those over charged for minor drug possessions isn't a bad thing - even if the Failed as Chief is doing it for the wrong reasons, maybe some good can hopefully come out of it.

Sadly as I believe someone pointed out already, going into prison they may have been non-violent offenders, question is will they come out as non-violent offenders.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

striker55

Post by striker55 »

He is just being fair, he let terrorists out. I'm being facetious, Obama doesn't want criminals to put it on their resumes when applying for jobs. He probably wants to apply that when requesting a chl.

allisji

Post by allisji »

striker55 wrote:He is just being fair, he let terrorists out. I'm being facetious, Obama doesn't want criminals to put it on their resumes when applying for jobs. He probably wants to apply that when requesting a chl.
and all of the rest of the terrorists still held at Guantanamo will probably be transferred before January 20 to prisons run by third world countries who will accept bribes to release the inmates.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

jahasty,

Cat got your tongue?

So, I'll paraphrase the question: What's your take on the firearms use convicts being released or are you a liberal whose come here to school the conservatives here?

Please, speak up or are you also a one time poster who then skedaddles leftist?

Return to “Off-Topic”