Hillary Clinton's supporters and the Second Amendment

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mbschne
Posts in topic: 1

Hillary Clinton's supporters and the Second Amendment

Post by mbschne »

Supporters of Hillary Clinton were asked outside a recent campaign event for the former first lady if the Second Amendment should be repealed — and many of their answers contradicted what the Democratic presidential nominee has publicly stated about the issue.

“Do you think it would be a good idea to repeal the Second Amendment?” Campus Reform reporter Cabot Phillips asked Clinton supporters outside a campaign stop in the Washington, D.C., suburb of Annandale, Virginia.

“Oh yeah, definitely, I really think that we really need to start viewing human rights as more important than gun rights,” one person replied.

Another responded, “I think yes because the document was written 200 years ago.”

Phillips asked others if, in an “ideal world,” they would repeal the right to keep and bear arms and get rid of the National Rifle Association.

“Yeah, I think it would be a good idea. I hate the NRA,” one individual said. Another Clinton supporter agreed, saying the Constitution was written by humans and that “humans make mistakes.”

Another person who said he’s “from a relatively wealthy area,” added, “I don’t think there’s any reason anyone would need a gun in that area.”

Clinton has said she does not want to repeal the Second Amendment but instead enact “commonsense regulations,” such as stricter background checks and renewing the so-called “assault weapons ban,” which was signed by her husband in 1994.

President George W. Bush allowed the 10-year ban to expire in 2004.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08 ... amendment/

JALLEN

Re: Hillary Clinton's supporters and the Second Amendment

Post by JALLEN »

Clinton fully supports the Second Amendment. She just doesn't want anyone to have guns.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

So the Statists' messaging is effective for at least some of the population. It is always interesting, and a bit terrifying, to observe where those who simply want to be led are willing to suspend conscious thought in lieu of belief in so-called leaders.

Apparently they believe that "gun rights' and the basic human right to life and defense of said life via the use of arms are truly different things. Also, paraphrasing the responses, old things aren't relevant and there are wealthy areas where one does not need a gun. You just gotta love conditioned responses of soft-minded feel-gooders to "ideal world" questions.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Some times I just wonder who raised these idiots?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:Some times I just wonder who raised these idiots?
Other idiots- mainly union member indoctrinators, I mean, educators.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

bblhd672 wrote:
Other idiots- mainly union member indoctrinators, I mean, educators.
:iagree:

Old school commie types...RDDB's aka Red Diaper Doper Babies.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The "Village".
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

puma guy wrote:
The "Village".
"rlol"
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

mbschne wrote:Supporters of Hillary Clinton were asked outside a recent campaign event for the former first lady if the Second Amendment should be repealed — and many of their answers contradicted what the Democratic presidential nominee has publicly stated about the issue.
I think that Hillary Clinton has publicly contradicted what Hillary Clinton has publicly stated about the issue.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Just once I'd like people of this ilk to be asked if they think guns should be taken away from the people that own them, then if they say they should, the next question should be are you willing to go into somebodies house and take their guns away from them? Would be interesting to see them squirm when they realize they could get killed trying to implement their beliefs.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

crazy2medic wrote:Just once I'd like people of this ilk to be asked if they think guns should be taken away from the people that own them, then if they say they should, the next question should be are you willing to go into somebodies house and take their guns away from them? Would be interesting to see them squirm when they realize they could get killed trying to implement their beliefs.
I'd guess that they believe that the gov't should send SWAT teams in after our guns.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

No. It will just be drip by drip "common sense" measures. Federal background checks on private transfers. Semi-automatic "assault weapons" bans on cosmetic features. Background checks for ammo. Registration. Mandatory "buy backs", more federal restrictions on carry, more misdemeanor and "medical" disqualifiers, federal licensing of gun owners.

80% of the gun owners will be lining up to get their special Federal permits and registrations and strutting around feeling superior to the "plebes" that insist on Constitutional Carry and getting the government out of concealed carry. Nobody is going to go to the mat to defend their rights when it will cost their livelihoods and possible prison time. Are you going to line up to "take the ride"?
Last edited by ScottDLS on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

allisji wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Just once I'd like people of this ilk to be asked if they think guns should be taken away from the people that own them, then if they say they should, the next question should be are you willing to go into somebodies house and take their guns away from them? Would be interesting to see them squirm when they realize they could get killed trying to implement their beliefs.
I'd guess that they believe that the gov't should send SWAT teams in after our guns.
The person asking the questions should have a very realistic looking contract and tell said person that we already have a large group of people signed up to start taking peoples guns, and you said person look like a leader so we want you to lead us as we start going into peoples homes and taking their guns, We can no longer wait for the government, so You will be the first one in the door! Just sign here, and we are also offering group life insurance if you want to sign up for that!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

dlh

Post by dlh »

Bill Clinton's Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 94 contained the sunset clause retiring the legislation in 2004. Obama and Hillary both want to reinstitute that ban with an additional dose of poison---they want to make the ban permanent---no sunset clause.

The 94 ban did not take away anybody's guns---it simply prohibited manufacturers from making a particular class of guns. Existing guns were grandfathered in. If I am wrong about that I am certainly happy for other members to correct my understanding of it.

This election could have a HUGE impact on the Second Amendment---and those future Supreme Court Judges (nominated by Hillary if she wins) who will interpret the constitutionality of any anti-gun legislation. If Hillary does manage to win then we must hope that Republicans maintain control of Congress to stifle any hostile second amendment legislation she has been campaigning for.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Hmmmmm Crazt2medic. I fully realized that I could get killed assisting in attempts to implement my beliefs. Just the locations were Southeast Asia, Lebanon, and Iraq (as well as a couple of other places where the inhabitants did not want us to be). Luckily my spouse never was able to collect on my group life insurance. Now I just train others to put their lives on the line for our AMERICAN beliefs
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”