American flags ordered removed from fire trucks

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPBrown
Posts in topic: 4

American flags ordered removed from fire trucks

Post by RPBrown »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/town-o ... li=BBnb7Kz

The left have struck again. Folks we are in trouble
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: American flags ordered removed from fire trucks

Post by flechero »

Just stupid. Citing them as a distraction to other drivers... Aren't fire trucks, by design, supposed to be visible and catch your attention?!??! People are already looking at the fire truck so there is no further distraction and if they weren't- they wouldn't see the flags anyway! (the flags were on the back) no worse then the sports team flags so many people have on cars windows.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I saw this story this morning and I had to re-read few times, I thought it was a typo. Simply incomprehensible garbage.

"Arlington Fire Commissioner Chairman Jim Beretta said the board majority feel the flags are a "liability during normal operations for our people and other motorists," and that the board had not been consulted before the flags were mounted."

I'd really like to see how they came to this determination, which scientific method they used to derive to this preposterous conclusion that an American flag, in America, is "distracting".

Distracting and unsafe for whom? Jihadis we are importing into NY?

Unbelievable.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

New England liberals :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

bblhd672 wrote:New England liberals :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
NOT New England. People's Republic of New York. Home to Chuckie Shooomer and Hitlery. Remember what Andew Cuomo, Chief Democratic partisan politician and "elected" Governor said, "members of the GOP with 'extreme' views are creating an identity crisis for their party and represent a bigger worry than Democrats... Their problem isn’t me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves! Who are they? Right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay — if that’s who they are, they have no place in the state of New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are.

I guess he forgot to mention patriots, constitutionalists, fire fighters, police, all first responders, current and former military, civilians who work and pay taxes, etc., etc.

New York is doomed, it is going the same way as Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, you name it.
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Yesterday I saw a FB post of Usain Bolt at the Olympics pause in the middle of an interview for the United States National Anthem, I had to share it of course.

Onto the topic at hand,
flechero wrote:Just stupid. Citing them as a distraction to other drivers... Aren't fire trucks, by design, supposed to be visible and catch your attention?!??! People are already looking at the fire truck so there is no further distraction and if they weren't- they wouldn't see the flags anyway! (the flags were on the back) no worse then the sports team flags so many people have on cars windows.
The sounds the sirens make are more of a distraction than a our US Flag on firetrucks. If they are so worried about things being a distraction make people stay off of their dang phones while driving. I can't tell you how many times I've looked over and saw the person next to me on their phones.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

What anti-American, anti-God and anti-patriotic people do they have up there in New York state?

From the article: "The flags, which were only recently mounted on the trucks at the request of the union, were removed during a ceremony at Arlington headquarters in the Town of Poughkeepsie on Tuesday.

Union President Joseph Tarquinio said he's disappointed in the board's direction, but "if we had to take them down, they had to be taken down the right way. At the time when the country needs unity, to do something like this ... it's next to flag-burning in my mind."

I'll bet the Arlington, TX fire chief threw up on his keyboard when he read that story (mentioning Arlington....NOT Texas)

Forum decorum does not allow me to express my true feelings. A 10 line string of profanities are but the tip of the iceberg in expressing my disgust!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

joe817 wrote:What anti-American, anti-God and anti-patriotic people do they have up there in New York state?

From the article: "The flags, which were only recently mounted on the trucks at the request of the union, were removed during a ceremony at Arlington headquarters in the Town of Poughkeepsie on Tuesday.

Union President Joseph Tarquinio said he's disappointed in the board's direction, but "if we had to take them down, they had to be taken down the right way. At the time when the country needs unity, to do something like this ... it's next to flag-burning in my mind."

I'll bet the Arlington, TX fire chief threw up on his keyboard when he read that story (mentioning Arlington....NOT Texas)

Forum decorum does not allow me to express my true feelings. A 10 line string of profanities are but the tip of the iceberg in expressing my disgust!

I think you may have hit on the real reason foe their removal, in that the union, did not get permission from the board, who want's to have control. This is probably the result of a union disagreement, or recent wage scale increase that the board opposed, and this is the only way they can show who's boss. Pretty poor decision, either way. They have them on most of the trucks I see around here.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TexasTornado »

:banghead: apparently New York can only be patriotic whilst under attack. I can't wait to give this one to my boyfriend.... Reason #957 to leave NY and move to Texas. Yep, will be waiting for him in his email when he returns from reserves duty!
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

rotor

Post by rotor »

Do you think this is more a matter of decorum? Hanging an American flag on the back of a firetruck to me doesn't seem like the appropriate way to fly old glory.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

rotor wrote:Do you think this is more a matter of decorum? Hanging an American flag on the back of a firetruck to me doesn't seem like the appropriate way to fly old glory.
It's not a matter of decorum. It's a mater of National pride....in being proud to being an American....love of country...being patriotic, and showing support. Which apparently the sentiment is not shared by those people on that fire board.

Those fireman wanted to express in some way that patriotism, and were rebuked in the process. :mad5
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

vjallen75 wrote:Yesterday I saw a FB post of Usain Bolt at the Olympics pause in the middle of an interview for the United States National Anthem, I had to share it of course.

Onto the topic at hand,
flechero wrote:Just stupid. Citing them as a distraction to other drivers... Aren't fire trucks, by design, supposed to be visible and catch your attention?!??! People are already looking at the fire truck so there is no further distraction and if they weren't- they wouldn't see the flags anyway! (the flags were on the back) no worse then the sports team flags so many people have on cars windows.
The sounds the sirens make are more of a distraction than a our US Flag on firetrucks. If they are so worried about things being a distraction make people stay off of their dang phones while driving. I can't tell you how many times I've looked over and saw the person next to me on their phones.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This is quite respectful on Bolt's part since he was competing for the Jamaican team.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Glockster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Glockster »

Saw on CNN this morning that this is going to be reconsidered.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TexasTornado »

Glockster wrote:Saw on CNN this morning that this is going to be reconsidered.
:woohoo
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Glockster wrote:Saw on CNN this morning that this is going to be reconsidered.
You watch the Clinton News Network???? LOL
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”