Deaf man shot by North Carolina state trooper

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Deaf man shot by North Carolina state trooper

Post by Javier730 »

“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Wolfgang

Re: Deaf man shot by North Carolina state trooper

Post by Wolfgang »

It is rather obvious that the deaf guy knew he was being pursued...but I'm curious as to what prompted the officer to shoot? I'm not saying anything was or was not justified...just curious.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

I have read an account of the Police car "smoking" but I not seen any other account of the deaf guy's car having damage. There were over 20 Officers who responded to the scene, so that indicates some type of problem. I will be interested to see the body and dash cam footage.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Check out the article above! It shows the deaf guys Volvo missing a tire and front grill bashed in. Im sure they will release the video, but no news will cover it as usual!

Ya know, i was just talking to my 13 yr old son about how disappointing thr news has become. It seams like no one reports the facts anymore. Has it always been this way or is it just worse this year? What news outlets to you guys read??
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

TreyHouston wrote:Check out the article above! It shows the deaf guys Volvo missing a tire and front grill bashed in. Im sure they will release the video, but no news will cover it as usual!

Ya know, i was just talking to my 13 yr old son about how disappointing thr news has become. It seams like no one reports the facts anymore. Has it always been this way or is it just worse this year? What news outlets to you guys read??
Unfortunately, that sentiment holds true for both left wing outlets and right wing sources.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TreyHouston wrote:Check out the article above! It shows the deaf guys Volvo missing a tire and front grill bashed in. Im sure they will release the video, but no news will cover it as usual!

News reporters have never had the best record for reporting the facts. It's gotten worse over the years because now we have 24 news reporting with every outlet trying to scoop the others. This means they have to rush information before it's fully developed.
Back in the day news reporters had time to gather facts before it went to print, or was aired on the 10 o'clock news. Now they have to fill in gaps with innuendo, and guesses based on very little true information. Add to the fact that the police release almost no info until their investigations are complete and the news becomes a side show, with all talk and no substance.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Jusme wrote:

News reporters have never had the best record for reporting the facts. It's gotten worse over the years because now we have 24 news reporting with every outlet trying to scoop the others. This means they have to rush information before it's fully developed.
Back in the day news reporters had time to gather facts before it went to print, or was aired on the 10 o'clock news. Now they have to fill in gaps with innuendo, and guesses based on very little true information. Add to the fact that the police release almost no info until their investigations are complete and the news becomes a side show, with all talk and no substance.
Many reporters are never interested in the facts. :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Lies, lies, and more lies. The "deaf guy" was totally out of control.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/08/31 ... ampaign=nl
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Off-Topic”