Clinton team used special program to scrub server

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Clinton team used special program to scrub server

Post by mojo84 »

I can't believe she continues to get away with this and the many other criminal acts she and her minions have committed. Us mere citizens and subjects would have been convicted and sent away long before now,
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gthaustex »

:iagree:

Unfortunately, these days, it seems half the electorate and a good number of elected officials on both sides of the aisle have the attitude of:

"What difference at this point does it make??"

to quote a certain someone....

I definitely agree that there is way more to the story. Too many actions taken and too many modifications to the narrative for something that was just innocent yoga schedules and wedding plans.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

If she doesn't get elected, someone she has no influence over will be in charge of the DOJ. Maybe, just maybe, justice will be served then. Of course, there is always the fear of a sudden suicide that seems to influence people too.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

It isn't October yet. I hear people allude to October surprises. I wouldn't be surprised if both candidates have some whoppers get released.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

As long as the Justice Department is unwilling to prosecute - it really doesn't matter.

The only way HRC gets charged with anything is if Trump is elected and new AG understands the Constitutional duty to prosecute.

Of course, that new AG needs to ensure there are plenty of bodyguards and food tasters around to continue living.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Russell wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... -says.html

There's no doubts about it, this is just plain criminal.

As an IT guy, I've used applications like this before to wipe drives before shipping them out / throwing them in the trash. There is absolutely something she didn't want others to see. We as U.S. citizens deserve to know that they are :thumbs2:

I sincerely hope that what Assange has is a copy of the emails that couldn't be recovered before they were wiped. Any self-respecting citizen would have dumped these emails somewhere else before wiping them.
Not to defend Hillary, but as an IT guy I do this to *each and every* drive I get rid of, no matter what it was used for. Every...drive...gets...wiped. Bad drives I took into work where we had the machinery to actually destroy the drive. Solid state (thumb drives/computer memory) get the hammer treatment.

If I was Hillary's IT guy and had been told to shut down and get rid of the server I would have used the same program. The important thing is that it was done after questions had arisen and investigations started.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jmorris wrote:
Russell wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08 ... -says.html

There's no doubts about it, this is just plain criminal.

As an IT guy, I've used applications like this before to wipe drives before shipping them out / throwing them in the trash. There is absolutely something she didn't want others to see. We as U.S. citizens deserve to know that they are :thumbs2:

I sincerely hope that what Assange has is a copy of the emails that couldn't be recovered before they were wiped. Any self-respecting citizen would have dumped these emails somewhere else before wiping them.
Not to defend Hillary, but as an IT guy I do this to *each and every* drive I get rid of, no matter what it was used for. Every...drive...gets...wiped. Bad drives I took into work where we had the machinery to actually destroy the drive. Solid state (thumb drives/computer memory) get the hammer treatment.

If I was Hillary's IT guy and had been told to shut down and get rid of the server I would have used the same program. The important thing is that it was done after questions had arisen and investigations started.
I think we all understand the importance of cleaning a drive before getting rid of it. However, the important thing here is she did it subsequent to congressional and FBI investigations being launched. If you did that, you'd be prosecuted for destruction of evidence and obstruction of justice.

I doubt the IT guy was told to shut down the server and get rid of it by anyone other than Clinton or her lieutenants.

I'm sick of people ignoring the wrongdoing, making excuses and whitewashing her corrupt criminal activity.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

I haven't used BleachBit - but I have used other disk wiping utilities that perform a DOD standard wiping of the drive.

If I were the Clinton's IT guy and they said "destroy" I'd reformat the drive, then use a disk wiping utility multiple that writes random data to every sector on the drive, then shred the drive and scatter the pieces across different dumpsters in various locations.

However, if there was a very public investigation about the contents of the drive I'd decline to do so, resign from any position I hold connected to them and go into hiding! :coolgleamA:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Further, I believe anyone, including the IT guys that set up and maintained the server should be prosecuted along with the Clintons and their dutiful minions.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

AndyC wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I'm sick of people ignoring the wrongdoing, making excuses and whitewashing her corrupt criminal activity.
There are many people out there who are tired of watching the US devolve into a banana republic where the rule of law no longer applies to all. Hillary's arrogance might cost this country big in the end.
I agree 100%. We need to figure out a way for us like minded people to come together and put a stop to her and her criminal cronies.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

What nuttery, and what a time bomb left ticking.

Every inbound message still on Hillary's drives is potentially in someone else's sent items folder. Any email sent from anyone playing by Sarbanes Oxley rules may still have archive copies.

Of course, they may have all been on intravenous Clinton koolaid.

It would be interesting to see subpoenas against the other end of those suspicious email dialogs.

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

As a security expert, I can tell you there are better tools than the one her team used, hence the recovery. They likely did a 3-pass write, which makes recovery difficult, but not close to impossible. It also depends upon the type of volume we're dealing with.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Return to “Off-Topic”