Fifteen Years Later: Never Forget

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Skiprr
Posts in topic: 1

Fifteen Years Later: Never Forget

Post by Skiprr »

Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

carlson1

Re: Fifteen Years Later: Never Forget

Post by carlson1 »

Thanks Skiprr. Great video.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Excellent video! I got sad and mad all over again! Very powerful!

Joe

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Thank you for posting the video. I'll never forget.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I was across the river that day attending a meeting in a high rise adjacent to Giant's stadium. Saw the towers fall and we were told to evacuate as it was rumored that there was a 5th plane circling the East Coast looking for a target. As I got into my truck and headed West, there was nothing but ambulances and firetrucks headed the opposite way, directly into Manhattan.

To this day, I have not been able to bring myself to visit the site of the World Trade Center, or Shanksville. The emotions are still that raw 15 years later.

And to think that now we have a traitor running for the office of President, one who cannot even say the words "radical Islamic terrorist".

I am angry and sad, but most of all determined to never forget.

Thanks for posting. :tiphat:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

stroo

Post by stroo »

I was supposed to travel to NYC on September 12 for meetings at one of the Twin Towers. I remember watching both Towers fall on TV and seeing our headquarters building in the shots. My boss, a couple of my employees and several friends worked there. I called all of them to make sure they were okay. They were but we did lose some employees that worked on the top of one of the Towers.

Despite going to Manhattan pretty regularly, I didn't go to World Trade Center site for about 10 years afterward. That was a very difficult experience!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I was at work when it happened. Told my boss I was leaving to go to NY to help. At the time I was part of a K9 search and rescue group. 10 of us drove up and helped out for almost 2 weeks. Although I remember almost all of our missions, after this one was completed my dog and I retired from S & R. My Lucy passed away in 2007 but we now have her daughter and a grand daughter. They may not know it but she was a hero in my eyes at least
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I still gasp like its the first time I'm seeing the planes hit every time I see the video. I still tear up every time I see the poor souls falling from the tower, and I can hardly watch them fall without more emotions than I can communicate going through my mind.

Never forget.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

twjones

Post by twjones »

I was still in high school (a junior). Our school had an agreement with our junior college for dual credit courses. I was at the junior college learning about Cisco Networking when the first plane hit. I remember the initial reports were that it was a Cessna - I remember thinking how in the world that could be and hoping everyone was ok and thinking the pilot would be in big trouble. When we heard a second plane had hit, I remember thinking "what in the world is going on in New York." All of our learning modules were online through Cisco, and I immediately shut down the module I was in and tried to get a news website to see what was going on. Every single website I tried was crashed. So many people were trying to do exactly the same thing I was doing at that time. I remember finally connecting to CNN.com and posted was an image of Ground Zero - I couldn't really think at that moment. As the class dismissed, I had about 20 extra minutes to get back to the high school. I ended up stopping by a friend's house who was in the same class as me. It was there where I saw the first tower come down. I remember I had to get back to the high school to report for the next class.

Basically the reminder of the day we watched TV coverage of everything going on. I remember at one point they talked about letting us go home early; however, I think logistics prevented that from happened. We stayed in school and watched coverage of what was going on. I remember getting home that day and continued to watch coverage as day turned into night. I remember my Dad talking to me and saying that 5000 people were murdered today and this was an act of war.

Never forget.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I still gasp like its the first time I'm seeing the planes hit every time I see the video. I still tear up every time I see the poor souls falling from the tower, and I can hardly watch them fall without more emotions than I can communicate going through my mind.

Never forget.

I'm the same way, all of the emotions come flooding back. Shock, fear, anger, sadness, and lastly pride at the response Americans everywhere showed. I have a hard time watching videos of that day, and my wife can't watch them at all. Even though, they are painful to watch, I want to continue to remind myself to never forget.
My youngest son was only 3 at the time, but he has seen every video I could find, once he got older, so that he can understand how we must be ever vigilant.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:I still gasp like its the first time I'm seeing the planes hit every time I see the video. I still tear up every time I see the poor souls falling from the tower, and I can hardly watch them fall without more emotions than I can communicate going through my mind.

Never forget.
Me too. I will never, ever forget what the Islamists did that day.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”