TX: Protest in Dallas tonight 09/22/16

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
vjallen75
Posts in topic: 5

TX: Protest in Dallas tonight 09/22/16

Post by vjallen75 »

Protest tonight in Dallas. Be safe and vigilant. I will be at home watching on TV
The Next Generation Action Network announced they are holding a protest Thursday night in light of the recent police shootings.

The Next Generation Action Network is the same group responsible for the protest which ended with the fatal shootings of five officers on July 7 in Dallas.

The protest is being held at the Main Street Garden Park in Dallas Thursday at 6:30 p.m., according to an event on their Facebook page. Group leaders will hold a press conference at 11 a.m in front of Dallas police headquarters.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Organi ... 69251.html
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Protest in Dallas tonight 09/22/16

Post by carlson1 »

vjallen75 wrote:Protest tonight in Dallas. Be safe and vigilant. I will be at home watching on TV

:iagree:

parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Post by parabelum »

Due to the increasing escalation of these protests, where people are hurt and killed, property is being destroyed etc. I would submit that this no longer falls under 1'st A protection of assembly.
Monster in the WH is responsible for what is happening in the Country. Fish rots from the head down. Permitting this "protest" at this time is insane.

This is not about race or about so called "justice". This is about appeasement and encouragement of lowest common denominators of society to wreak havoc on citizens, property and social order.

We are going downhill faster then a fat kid on a seesaw.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Criminals masquerading as protestors should be hauled off to jail, not coddled.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TreyHouston »

I will be absolutely shocked if Texas LEOs, business owners and citizens here let that looting and rioting happen... regular protesting, sure, whatever.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

TreyHouston wrote:I will be absolutely shocked if Texas LEOs, business owners and citizens here let that looting and rioting happen... regular protesting, sure, whatever.
We do have a moronic mayor here however...

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

Anyone for friendly wager on whether or not the peaceful protest tonight in Dallas escalates into violence and looting?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Maybe create a poll for this thread?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Not like I needed more of a reason to avoid downtown Dallas. I've started passing on the link to friends of mine who may be driving thru there this evening or know people who might be down there.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

parabelum wrote:Maybe create a poll for this thread?
I do not know how to create a poll or I would. I hope that it does not result in rioting and looting tonight.

Either way I will be at home after my sons band concert
Vence
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

The protest in July was for the most part a peaceful protest. I have no problem with peaceful protests. Once the one wack job opened fire, things changed though. My concern is there are probably dozens more just like him all over.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

If protesting anything made a difference, then they would outlaw it...

I guess that they feel like the "have to do something".

If I were black, I'd think that my time would be better spent teaching youth classes at the local YMCA about getting your hands up and obeying police commands and not reaching for your waistband. Other topics might include "obey the law" and "pull your pants up".

I carry a gun daily and I have zero apprehension about any police contact while carrying. Know why? No, not because I'm white, but because I don't look like a trouble maker, I don't act like a trouble maker, and I speak to the police with respect... and the strangest thing happens... they treat me with respect right back.

You want to dress like a thug, act like a thug, and show the cops how tough you are by talking like a thug and disobeying the law and law enforcement... then you reap what you sow.

It really is that simple.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Flightmare wrote:The protest in July was for the most part a peaceful protest. I have no problem with peaceful protests. Once the one wack job opened fire, things changed though. My concern is there are probably dozens more just like him all over.
Absolutely... and as we have seen, all it takes is one.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Topic author
vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

Flightmare wrote:The protest in July was for the most part a peaceful protest. I have no problem with peaceful protests. Once the one wack job opened fire, things changed though. My concern is there are probably dozens more just like him all over.
I agree. Seeing the feeds on Facebook and over all media outlets I see angry people that seem like they are ready to take action. I would like to say people in Texas are smarter than that but it only takes one person to provoke the minds of others. Personally, I have a bad feeling about tonight. Especially with what has happened in NC.
Vence

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

vjallen75 wrote:
I agree. Seeing the feeds on Facebook and over all media outlets I see angry people that seem like they are ready to take action. I would like to say people in Texas are smarter than that but it only takes one person to provoke the minds of others. Personally, I have a bad feeling about tonight. Especially with what has happened in NC.
Let us pray that cooler heads will prevail. I'd imagine that police presence and awareness will be higher than it was in July.

Return to “Off-Topic”