Bud Lite cancels Amy Schumer ads

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bud Lite cancels Amy Schumer ads

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

LucasMcCain wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
FastCarry wrote:I was a fan of her stand up, she should have a stuck to jokes
And the Dixie Chicks should have stuck to singing, and DiCaprio should have stuck to acting. Nobody really likes being lectured and demeaned by an high school dropout with more money than sense. There is a category of entertainers who forget that we buy tickets to be entertained, and we don't want to hear their opinions.
:iagree: I'm so sick of people thinking that because someone is famous their opinion is worth any more than anyone else's. You don't have to be intelligent, educated, informed, or a decent human being to be famous. Often these attributes are not particularly compatible with fame. Not to mention that the ultra rich and I don't usually agree on politics in general. Go figure.
Exactly. I give the same weight to an actor and the average guy I bump into at a store when it comes to their views on politics, the environment, gun control, or anything else. The exception would be if they first established some credibility by having a background that would make them more knowledgeable than the average person on the issue.

As far as Schumer, I actually like her stand-up. It is a bit raunchy, but I find it funny. But I don't like it enough to support someone who is espousing crap on topics where they are completely ignorant.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

I'm not sure if I should blame the writers, or the actors, but the simple fact is the ads WERE LAME and for having two name-comedians in them, NOT funny. No sex appeal either; Seth Rogen looks like a dweeb, and Amy Schumer inherited too much of her looks from Chucky's side of the family - washed out homely blonde....absolutely nothing in a 30 second spot to make me remember the product favorably, or remember it at all. :headscratch :grumble :banghead:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

You guys left out the very un-funny Seth Rogan, unless your definition of funny is annoying...

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
FastCarry wrote:I was a fan of her stand up, she should have a stuck to jokes
And the Dixie Chicks should have stuck to singing, and DiCaprio should have stuck to acting. Nobody really likes being lectured and demeaned by an high school dropout with more money than sense. There is a category of entertainers who forget that we buy tickets to be entertained, and we don't want to hear their opinions.
Completely agree.

Because someone has a talent, to render a song well, or to portray a character convincingly, does not give them any sort of pedestal or insight that we don't have. To the contrary, being able to perform on cue could be looked at as being akin to an animal that understands and complies with its masters commands.

Many "entertainers" respond to the Progressive agenda in such a way.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

The Marshal wrote:LOL @ Seacow

Apt description
Apt, but unfair to the noble dugong.

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

Cousin to that grinning ghoul Senator Chuckie I-wanna-ban-your-guns Schumer. Nuff said.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

sheary

Post by sheary »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I give the same weight to an actor and the average guy I bump into at a store when it comes to their views on politics, the environment, gun control, or anything else.
I generally give less weight to the opinions of celebrity entertainers because their lifestyles and priorities are so different from mine. The same is true for the Cubans and Zuckerbergs of the world.

Return to “Off-Topic”