Bad SMU Bad

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Bad SMU Bad

Post by Pawpaw »

highrez58 wrote:According to the SMU Facebook page, Victoria will be delivering the first serve. They apologize and describe the situation as a breakdown in communication. It appears the situation has been rectified.

https://www.facebook.com/smudallas/?fref=ts
SMU may be trying to make everyone think it's been rectified. Fox4 News just said the mother confirmed they're still not going, stating that this has been a slap in the face to them.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

2.1 as of this morning and dropping.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

nightmare69 wrote:2.1 as of this morning and dropping.
2.1 what?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Pawpaw »

Dave2 wrote:
2.1 what?
nightmare69 wrote:Take a look at their facebook page. We have dropped their rating to a 2.9 and falling.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

Dave2 wrote:
2.1 what?
It's a rating on the SMU FB page like movie ratings. Right now, theirs is 2.1 out of a possible 5 stars.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Ah, got it, thanks
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

Now SMU has taken down Back The Blue signs. I am glad I don't have a kid in that University. Their rating should be a ZERO.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote:Now SMU has taken down Back The Blue signs. I am glad I don't have a kid in that University. Their rating should be a ZERO.
Where did you see that? WOW :shock:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Now SMU has taken down Back The Blue signs. I am glad I don't have a kid in that University. Their rating should be a ZERO.
It was in FOX 4 last night. They played it off by saying the signs had not be authorized. To me it just shows their real attitude towards LE. More evidence that Miss. Smith made the right decision and I love the fact her Mom has allowed her to make the decision and then stick by her side.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
It was in FOX 4 last night. They played it off by saying the signs had not be authorized. To me it just shows their real attitude towards LE. More evidence that Miss. Smith made the right decision and I love the fact her Mom has allowed her to make the decision and then stick by her side.
That's just remarkable! I'm searching for something on this online, but can't find anything.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
That's just remarkable! I'm searching for something on this online, but can't find anything.
I can't find it, but I will keep looking. It was sure on the 10:00 news last night. I just checked my DVR and I have deleted it. They were 8X11 pieces of paper taped to the glass doors.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

Man, there are no words. That is disgusting. I bet they back the Blue when they need them though huh? Unbelievable.
Just some guy's opinion.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

What so bad is they lost a SMU Officer pretty close to the Dallas shootings. I just wonder if they are supporting that Officer's family like they are not supporting others?

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

I bet not, makes me mad just typing this. EEEERRRRR. I hope their ratings get to zero over this and make them start back peddling. Kudos to the daughter for refusing their spineless explanation/excuse.
Just some guy's opinion.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
I hate it when I can't find something. I still don't see it online, but I found the news from Saturday night and here is a picture of story and sign.

Return to “Off-Topic”