Veteran's day

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Veteran's day

Post by howdy »

A short video honoring the oath we took:

Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Pawpaw

Re: Veteran's day

Post by Pawpaw »

I took that oath for the first time on 6 June 1972. I lost count of how many times I retook it. It is and will always remain near and dear to my heart.

:patriot:

MSgt, USAF 1972 - 1994
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

So help me God.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

19 SEP 73. Retaken and administered many times from then to 31 MAR 12. Seems to me the oath all too often means more to us veterans than to civilians.

No expiration date.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

:patriot: Thank you to all who have served. I never pass up a man in uniform or one wearing a Veteran's hat that I do not say,"thank you" and if they are in a restaurant I buy their meal.

As many have said, "freedom is not free." I am very thankful, but to me words are not enough. I strive to do something even if it is just small to show my appreciation.
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

carlson1 wrote::patriot: Thank you to all who have served. I never pass up a man in uniform or one wearing a Veteran's hat that I do not say,"thank you" and if they are in a restaurant I buy their meal.

As many have said, "freedom is not free." I am very thankful, but to me words are not enough. I strive to do something even if it is just small to show my appreciation.
:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Thats exactly what I do as well. And every one of them appreciate it. Thanks to all our Vets. Happy Veterans Day.
Just some guy's opinion.

Return to “Off-Topic”