Just a few thoughts.....

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Just a few thoughts.....

Post by Jusme »

I have for the most part tried to stay out of the political debates, on the forum. I have from time to time expressed an opinion, but refrained from getting into more heated discussions regarding politics, because my experience has taught me that those issues will cause more rifts between people, destroy friendships and sometimes even families. And I feel that members on this forum, are a little of both.

During this last election, I was very fearful regarding the future of this great country that I love, I had seen two previous Presidential elections that made me lose complete faith in the voting public, and the populace as a whole. My fears were not so much for my future, in that my time on this planet is growing shorter, but more so for my children, grandchildren, and so on.

I can't begin to describe, my utter joy on election night, not only for the result, but for the fact that I was sitting with my son watching the results come in. My faith in the American spirit soared, my pride in being an American,was fully restored to point of overflowing. I know that there is still a long hard road ahead for us, and we have not nearly achieved anything yet, but I have a little more "pep in my step", a little better posture, and a much brighter outlook for the future.

I just want to thank everyone here, and across America, for giving that back to me. :tiphat: :cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just a few thoughts.....

Post by 2farnorth »

Well said. You just about mirrored my sentiments. Election day was a fearful day. Day after was almost joyful.
N5PNZ

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:I have for the most part tried to stay out of the political debates, on the forum. I have from time to time expressed an opinion, but refrained from getting into more heated discussions regarding politics, because my experience has taught me that those issues will cause more rifts between people, destroy friendships and sometimes even families. And I feel that members on this forum, are a little of both.

During this last election, I was very fearful regarding the future of this great country that I love, I had seen two previous Presidential elections that made me lose complete faith in the voting public, and the populace as a whole. My fears were not so much for my future, in that my time on this planet is growing shorter, but more so for my children, grandchildren, and so on.

I can't begin to describe, my utter joy on election night, not only for the result, but for the fact that I was sitting with my son watching the results come in. My faith in the American spirit soared, my pride in being an American,was fully restored to point of overflowing. I know that there is still a long hard road ahead for us, and we have not nearly achieved anything yet, but I have a little more "pep in my step", a little better posture, and a much brighter outlook for the future.

I just want to thank everyone here, and across America, for giving that back to me. :tiphat: :cheers2:
:thumbs2:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Jusme wrote:I have for the most part tried to stay out of the political debates, on the forum. I have from time to time expressed an opinion, but refrained from getting into more heated discussions regarding politics, because my experience has taught me that those issues will cause more rifts between people, destroy friendships and sometimes even families. And I feel that members on this forum, are a little of both.

Another thing that I try to keep in mind is that there are people on the other side of the aisle from you who experienced exactly what you felt in reverse. 2 Presidential elections that brought them joy and hope for the future of the country and this year being filled with a complete lack of faith in the voting public and fear regarding the future of the country they love.

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Papa_Tiger wrote:

Another thing that I try to keep in mind is that there are people on the other side of the aisle from you who experienced exactly what you felt in reverse. 2 Presidential elections that brought them joy and hope for the future of the country and this year being filled with a complete lack of faith in the voting public and fear regarding the future of the country they love.

That's true, but I think that with the mid term elections in Congress, and now the Presidency, moving to the right, a lot of those people became disillusioned, when they found out it was all a big lie. Most of the folks, it appears to me, upset about the results, are millennials, who never knew anything but the state of the union for the past 8 years, and they bought into whatever rhetoric was being spewed in MSM. They never experienced the feeling of a Reagan White House, or the resolve of a Bush Administration. They have been told that everything is unicorns and rainbows, and that they are "entitled" to have the government take care of every self serving want that they have. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”