Recounts?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Glockster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Recounts?

Post by Glockster »

You are only paranoid if they aren't out to get you.

Here's what I read today: Stein has asked for a manual recount. A judge must authorize that. The state elections folks have said that it may be impossible to do a manual recount, even with all counties working the weekend and nights, to meet a deadline which by law is December 14th. Failure to meet that deadline means that the Michigan electoral votes don't count. The only way that they could possibly count if they fail to meet the deadline is IF the electors meet anyway, and then decide without other direction to vote their votes by January 6th. And that's assuming that the state recertifies the results in time and that there aren't other legal challenges and the electors decide to go ahead anyway, even though there is supposedly nothing in the law to cover what happens if the results haven't been certified by the deadline. Then it is up to some vague and mostly untested process for Congress to determine if they get counted or not.

And it is similar in the other states. So if they do what they are trying to do, they may keep Trump from getting the electoral votes simply by delaying the process. Or not. Or who knows.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Return to “Off-Topic”